Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have heard that Sachin has few years back, refused to give donation to a charity. I felt strange when he decided to join politics.

This is not true Sachin never chose politics and I think he would never do that. :blink:

As Indian politics is not for honest people. Most of the politicians are in politics just to have money and for people like Sachin who has enough money I don't think he would ever join politics in future. :blink:

Prominent people are nominated to Rajya Sabha for their contribution to literary, musical and other fields. The members are generally free from political aspirations
I wonder why they become MPs in the first place? just to add another feather in their cap? or is it because our politicians are so stupid that they want to have glamorous personalities around them, even if they dont do anything much except spend tax payers money...Earlier there were the likes of Nargis Dutt who did take a keen interest in the proceedings !

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/rekha-sachin-tendulkar-miss-first-part-of-budget-session-of-parliament-345696

Very sad to hear this. Even if they are having busy schedule always, They should attend atleast occasionally. I just wonder why they accepted if they are not willing to attend actually!

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
It is their choice they are not busy in their personal lives but sachin is playing for country how he can attend that one by leaving game.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

It is their choice they are not busy in their personal lives but sachin is playing for country how he can attend that one by leaving game.

Active celebrities should not be nominated. Moreover, what if they do not attend the sessions?
If I am not wrong, it happened with Govinda too. He too could not visit his constituouncy even for a single day. I hope I am right in saying that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Active celebrities should not be nominated. Moreover, what if they do not attend the sessions?

He is playing both for the country and for himself, it is his career and he is making pots of money through his game, thats alright, but taking on responsibilities is quite another thing...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

He is playing both for the country and for himself, it is his career and he is making pots of money through his game, thats alright, but taking on responsibilities is quite another thing...

True, they are expected to strike a balance between their two types of lives.
Please let us excuse these two superstars as they did not know that they would be part of such a noisy place. They do not want to stay there for this simple reason, that's all. ;)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think the very basic thing should be first taken into consideration - these people are really busy and that is why it is not possible for them to be present at the Parliament. They should either be not nominated or we should not make an issue out of it.

I think the very basic thing should be first taken into consideration - these people are really busy and that is why it is not possible for them to be present at the Parliament. They should either be not nominated or we should not make an issue out of it.

I disagree with you here! The member of parliaments are there for a reason the chief one being to represent the issues and concerns of masses. While it is true that these two or other celebrities for that matter were not elected but nominated by the bigwigs of politics, their basic responsibilities that come upon their shoulders do not change due to their status or profession. Hence they cannot shirk from their responsibilities, which again brings us to the very basic question, if they were not ready to handle it, they should have denied the role, no one had forced them to do so! This basic thing is what is nearly always forgiven and that has what has landed everything into a state of chaos on parliament!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.