Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even Pakistan is slightly better than our country where violence and death is concerned.India is one of the most violent nations in the world according to Global Peace Index ... India seems to be on a downward path in every which way since the past decade !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-among-worlds-most-violent-places-Study/articleshow/20548447.cms

There is not an iota of doubt that violence in India has been disturbingly one the rise and to my mind a substantial part of it really revolve around socio-economic reasons. Years and decades of misrule or shall I call it malgovernance by powers that be has created a grave situation.

Exactly ! I too feel that when things go out of control , one has to blame the governement ....Delhi which is the capital city is the most violent place in India with the gighest number of rapes and other crimes...However, I was surprised read that Australia has the highest number of rapes in the world ...Is it because of the immigrant population , one wonders ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even Pakistan is slightly better than our country where violence and death is concerned.India is one of the most violent nations in the world according to Global Peace Index ... India seems to be on a downward path in every which way since the past decade !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-among-worlds-most-violent-places-Study/articleshow/20548447.cms

There is not an iota of doubt that violence in India has been disturbingly one the rise and to my mind a substantial part of it really revolve around socio-economic reasons. Years and decades of misrule or shall I call it malgovernance by powers that be has created a grave situation.

Cause of violence which India have is shaky leadership and outside support.

I did not understand what you mean by outside support as the cause of violence? Could you please explain more?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Do you mean, the support to terrorist by our neighbors and inability/lack of willpower to handle them by our government.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am strongly denied it. I also read it. it is all rubbish thing. how some one believe that India is more violence that Pakistan, Afganistan. In Pakistan and Afganistan weapons are like toys.

It appears that the population and size of India has not been considered. Pakistan and Afghanistan are definitely are more violent countries. It appears that absolute number of cases have been considered in arriving at conclusion. The total number of cases need be divided by population and then per capita figure given.

Probably ! No doubt that Pakistan and Afghanistan are constantly having problems with fundamentalists ...However, according to the survey India had improved its position which was even lower in 2011...

Even if the number of cases appear to be in proportion with the high population, still there is a cause for worry. What is more disturbing is the kind of atrocities and violence now being reported more on underage children and senior citizens! That could give us a more dubious distinction than other countries.

The social violence- 'honor killing', dowry killings, killing of unborn female child through abortion- these are really very pathetic and shameful whatever be the number.

It is not impossible to stop all these. but our politician have not strong will power to do so. Vote is priority for them. Some politician also support honor killing. Child marriage is very common in Rajasthan even politician also attends these marriages.
Thank you said by: suni51

I am strongly denied it. I also read it. it is all rubbish thing. how some one believe that India is more violence that Pakistan, Afganistan. In Pakistan and Afganistan weapons are like toys.

It appears that the population and size of India has not been considered. Pakistan and Afghanistan are definitely are more violent countries. It appears that absolute number of cases have been considered in arriving at conclusion. The total number of cases need be divided by population and then per capita figure given.

Probably ! No doubt that Pakistan and Afghanistan are constantly having problems with fundamentalists ...However, according to the survey India had improved its position which was even lower in 2011...

Even if the number of cases appear to be in proportion with the high population, still there is a cause for worry. What is more disturbing is the kind of atrocities and violence now being reported more on underage children and senior citizens! That could give us a more dubious distinction than other countries.

The social violence- 'honor killing', dowry killings, killing of unborn female child through abortion- these are really very pathetic and shameful whatever be the number.

It is not impossible to stop all these. but our politician have not strong will power to do so. Vote is priority for them. Some politician also support honor killing. Child marriage is very common in Rajasthan even politician also attends these marriages.

I think every state in India has some such age old custom which is definitely not people friendly but the locals like to hold on to it in the name of tradition...We need to look beyond that and think of ways to make our society a better place to live in.Incidentally most such customs have violence and cruelty attached to them ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think every state in India has some such age old custom which is definitely not people friendly but the locals like to hold on to it in the name of tradition...We need to look beyond that and think of ways to make our society a better place to live in.Incidentally most such customs have violence and cruelty attached to them ...

We cannot root out violence totally from society. But the traditions that involve injustice and bias on basis of caste or gender must be fought. Social organization have greater role to play.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Politicians are as much part of this society which has age old bad traditions and as members of this society they cannot not do much endorse them despite the fact that they as a leader of people should show us the right path. But as you said vote bank policy force them to behave them the way they do, sometimes knowingly and sometimes without knowing .

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

India has definitely become violent these days. But none can compare it with Pakistan.

You are probably referring to the violence they inflict on other nations...But as a nation they are not as violent as India , that is going by the statistics of course !

Yes I means inflict of other nation. India's population is more than 100 crores. If you campare in referance of it you will found India in not a violant nation.

India has definitely become violent these days. But none can compare it with Pakistan.

You are probably referring to the violence they inflict on other nations...But as a nation they are not as violent as India , that is going by the statistics of course !

Yes I means inflict of other nation. India's population is more than 100 crores. If you campare in referance of it you will found India in not a violant nation.

Domestic violence, caste related killings, dowry related deaths, religious killings, maoist killings , terrorist attacks, rape and murder and all other violent crimes are taken into account and we are definitely leading ...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.