Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:ohmy: :ohmy: Thats horrible

It is mentioned as 8% for India...I hope this is not true, it could be more

But, after the 'forced marriage', are they allowed back to UK with their spouses? And coming to the question of teens, are more girls forced to marry or guys?

On a lighter note, reminds me of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge movie...

Hi Swetha good to see you after a long time!

It is most likely that it is only the girls who are forced to marry at such a young age and they are probably left in India with their in-laws. Although it is not stated here but I had read a magazine article on this very issue, there was also a programme on History or Nat Geo channel, not sure where, they had shown a report on this issue. It involves Sikh families more in such cases and like you said, the statistics may be more than 8% because some such marriages might not be getting reported at all!

yes, i have also observed that many Sikh familes fall prey to such things. But i have seen that the NRI guys just marries the girl and goes away leaving her helpless. A case was shown even in Satyamev jayte on star plus

But the forced marriages among teens is something i rarely heard. I have friends who are NRI's and they came to India for 15 Days just to get married and took their spouse along with them..

girls of Punjab are also interested in marry with NRI. Parents of girls gave handsome dowry to boys. In-law of girls promise to call her after some month but they never call her. Serial on one channel "Bani' Ishque Da Kalma" is on this issue.

But, after the 'forced marriage', are they allowed back to UK with their spouses? And coming to the question of teens, are more girls forced to marry or guys?

It is most likely that it is only the girls who are forced to marry at such a young age and they are probably left in India with their in-laws. Although it is not stated here but I had read a magazine article on this very issue, there was also a programme on History or Nat Geo channel, not sure where, they had shown a report on this issue. It involves Sikh families more in such cases and like you said, the statistics may be more than 8% because some such marriages might not be getting reported at all!

Swetha can never resist entering into discussion on marriage! So I request you to float many more marriage threads to engage her here all the time!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10781]}

Swetha can never resist entering into discussion on marriage! So I request you to float many more marriage threads to engage her here all the time!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10781]}

Or maybe we should float more and more threads on marriage to bring her here more often! :woohoo: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.