Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If someone thinks army is a personification of discipline and a bundle of virtues, they need to rethink. See the history of Assam, you will find abundant examples of army atrocities. See wiki links. You will come across with hundreds of army atrocities all over the world.
Have we forgotten the famous slogan of Ima Ngambi , 62, Manipur, who stripped herself and shouted loudly, "Indian army, Rape me", in protest against the rape of 32 year old Tangjam Manorama in 2004 ?

These are really atrocities by armed forces. These are common in many places and need condemnation by all. But the issue is here about internal discipline not affecting public.

The truth is that within army Rank hierarchy and politics is rampant to a large extent. Until the last decade, the kind of officers produced by army were truly gentleman in conduct, discipline and integrity, of course with some exceptions. But they were true gentlemen and therefore in spite of rank politics, the common soldiers and NCOs followed their officers without questions and with respect. Situation in the last decade has changed, officers now are more arrogant with little respect for the NCOs and soldiers, especially young commissioned officers behave quite disdainfully with veteran soldiers and NCOs which is not done. This arrogance is at the root of such internal skirmishes with army largely!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If someone thinks army is a personification of discipline and a bundle of virtues, they need to rethink. See the history of Assam, you will find abundant examples of army atrocities. See wiki links. You will come across with hundreds of army atrocities all over the world.
Have we forgotten the famous slogan of Ima Ngambi , 62, Manipur, who stripped herself and shouted loudly, "Indian army, Rape me", in protest against the rape of 32 year old Tangjam Manorama in 2004 ?

It is easy to defame army but knowing their problems they face in field is altogether different proposition. A case here or there is not a common issue but very rare especially in Indian army. Besides no army in the world is claiming that they are bunch of Angles. A stray incident here or there cannot brand the whole army having more than 2 million people as what some people may think.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It is easy to defame army but knowing their problems they face in field is altogether different proposition. A case here or there is not a common issue but very rare especially in Indian army. Besides no army in the world is claiming that they are bunch of Angles. A stray incident here or there cannot brand the whole army having more than 2 million people as what some people may think.

Problems faced in the course of their duties are multiple as compared to civilian life. Unless a person has spent at least some time in close association with the servicemen will never know the kind of hardships these people DAILY. Where atrocities are concerned, they are carried out by civilians too and their percentage may be larger than that by the army personnel!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.