The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am happy that such a fearsome cyclone has past away without leaving signs of much dreaded damages.

Goes to show that when right steps are taken by the authorities many human lives can be saved although one cannot do much about property loss ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have been there when Phailin reached Puri, it was at 9.30 pm in 12 th of this month, with strong wind and it touched its peak at 12 mid night, and continued till morning 6 am, in one am sea water comes to one kilometre insidePuri town, nearer to sea beach police station, though water resides slwoly, in most part of city electricity connection is not yet there, everywhere darkness with strong wind, it could have been worse if phailin enters from Puri beach instead of Gopalpur, peak speed gained is 229 in 1am, but the strong luckily does not come with strong rain otherwise it could have been doomsday for Puri town, FM Puri thorugh out night till 2 am announcing all people to stay at first floor as there is chance of sea water reaching, though it comes to one kilometre towards town but the height of water not that much, luckily the strom goes towards north west towards Phulbani and Buadh jungle and destroying three mountains of tress there. it was horrible night, and I have seen the fear near to me. It was horrilble holidaying for me having reached native town for enjoyment.

Administrator have no control over vegetable vendors having candles 50 rupees per piece, potato 100 rupees per kilo and milk packets 80 rupees per packet, though administration have done excellent work in evacuation and also speed in getting back electricity within 40 hours of severe storm,

http://mohanmekap.com/

Property for a poor fisherman is his boat. Its the only tool that earns him bread and butter.If that boat is swept away by the tidal waves, everything is lost for him. And by the time the so called help from the government arrives, he will die of starvation.
Property for a poor fisherman is his boat. Its the only tool that earns him bread and butter.If that boat is swept away by the tidal waves, everything is lost for him. And by the time the so called help from the government arrives, he will die of starvation.
This time fisherman community of Puri town, is known as Pentha kata area, far north of Puri, nearer to sea, have all been evacuated and are staying in school with proper government care though most of their homes which are temporary in nature destroyed by advancing sea, they will get more than of its price and also good accommodation.

This time fisherman community of Puri town, is known as Pentha kata area, far north of Puri, nearer to sea, have all been evacuated and are staying in school with proper government care though most of their homes which are temporary in nature destroyed by advancing sea, they will get more than of its price and also good accommodation.

That was a good news from you. How is the power supply in Bhubaneswar and Ganjam district ? Is Mahanadi still in spate ?

That was a good news from you. How is the power supply in Bhubaneswar and Ganjam district ? Is Mahanadi still in spate ?
Power supply in most of areas of BBSR is restored, it will take two more days for Ganjam to have full power supply, I was at Puri, my native place in the days of storm, during 99 I was away reading, so it was first experience, fearful and at some time deadly, though due to alertness of govt. many precious human lives saved this time.

Power supply in most of areas of BBSR is restored, it will take two more days for Ganjam to have full power supply, I was at Puri, my native place in the days of storm, during 99 I was away reading, so it was first experience, fearful and at some time deadly, though due to alertness of govt. many precious human lives saved this time.

I can understand as I was also in the "Cyclone prone region",Visakhapatnam, just adjacent district of Srikakulam which too was devastated, of course the degree of devastation was far less than Odisha.

I can understand as I was also in the "Cyclone prone region",Visakhapatnam, just adjacent district of Srikakulam which too was devastated, of course the degree of devastation was far less than Odisha.

Thank you friends for keeping us updated, now the threat is over, let us close further discussions on this horrific topic.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.