Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Aussies were never known to be polite and humble in the field or off the field. All big names of OZ cricket did something very objectionable at times.

And that is why they were the unfavorite champions. At least I never loved them. I do have respect for other champs - the way Darren Sammy led West Indies to victory in the last T20 WC. That player is indeed respectable. But I don't feel the same respect for Ponting and neither will I feel ever, no matter how much he has achieved.
I liked Ausies,, I was there two years back for a year for professional commitments, and the way we work together to achieve the specific target and the way they work like die hard spirit, and the way they behave in office environment is fantastic, I like their attitude, anything but to win at any cost, in what so ever way, but what I do not like Ponitng even after retiring from cricket he continues to offend great cricketers, what is the worth of it.

Having an attitude to 'Win at any cost' doesn't mean having unruly and a street fighter attitude. One can be polite and can achieve his desired goals. In this respect Ponting is a misfit in any game.

I think the Aussies can never be role models. Great players there used to sledge - and they did it everywhere in the world - when things looked like going out of their hands. They used words to disturb the opposition and score one over them. Is this a sign of sportsmanship?
Changing topic from cricket to soccer, in the last soccer world cup England was playing against Australia, as Australia soccer team began sledging and fowl play as they try in cricket, England retaliated and injured for of their players.

What one can say in a nutshell is that the Aussies behave the same when it comes to international sports. I don't know about domestic sports and it doesn't matter to others as well. But if that is the identity of the people Down Under, all the sportiing authorities should take a serious note of this.
They cannot hide under "sports are getting competitive and such things are a part of the game". Cricket has always been a gentleman's game, and now...
For long the gentleman's status of cricket is in jeopardy due to advent of professional as well as competitive cricket in action. It is all in part of the game.

If the gentleman's status of cricket is in jeopardy , it has to be brought back. There is no place for bullying and sledging.
I am great fan of Sachin Tendulkar. I love to read his achievements. He is a great sportsman.
As a cricketer, he has scaled almost all the peaks.. And in riches also Sachin has a record. He is the richest cricketer of India.
Its not a surprise Sachin Tendulkar is the best cricketer ever born. Wasim Akram definitely was a good bowler so was there is the team. :blink:
Latest is Mike Holding, Wi speedster of yesteryears, is criticizing Ponting for revealing dressing room secrets, Warne the ever opponent of Ponting said he is jealous of Sachin and that is why he is saying such words. :evil: :evil:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Latest is Mike Holding, Wi speedster of yesteryears, is criticizing Ponting for revealing dressing room secrets, Warne the ever opponent of Ponting said he is jealous of Sachin and that is why he is saying such words. :evil: :evil:

Its due to this fact Ponting is disliked and hated by all including his own team members and his own selectors, he could not earn a place the Wisden World Test XI

Its due to this fact Ponting is disliked and hated by all including his own team members and his own selectors, he could not earn a place the Wisden World Test XI
Now, it is clear how he had enhanced sledging during his reign, even during his younger times, he used to have brawls at bars and his badness towards India players is known but towards his co-players is simple shows him in bad manners.

Now, it is clear how he had enhanced sledging during his reign, even during his younger times, he used to have brawls at bars and his badness towards India players is known but towards his co-players is simple shows him in bad manners.

Aussies are never known for ideal behaviour on the field or off the field. Arrogance ie their hallmark. Ponting is not an exception. Now this trait in the Aussie team is reducing after the board has stripped Ponting from captaincy.
Warne will be in commentary for the first two days of the test, and this is to give honor to Sachin and also Lara will be here in the respect of Sachin. I could hope he scored a brilliant century at his last test to give all Indians time to remember.

Warne will be in commentary for the first two days of the test, and this is to give honor to Sachin and also Lara will be here in the respect of Sachin. I could hope he scored a brilliant century at his last test to give all Indians time to remember.

in the very beginning it was said this test would be to mark a great event, not for creating records.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.