Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So far they have absolutely no clue as to who it was...They will of course get him but in the mean time an innocent woman and her family suffers because of the carelessness of the bank.They should have had a security guard there ...

In my state, all ATMs are provided with an armed guard. She was grievously injured and she bled a lot. Anyhow she's recovering.

Even here most of the leading banks have security personnel at their ATMs....I would think that it was probably a change in the shift and since all thye services are outsourced including depositing money into the ATMs banks can easily wash their hands off.Ultimately it is their responsibility to make their ATMs safe to use !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dear ...

If this is all about the matter of Personal grievance then ... tell me What are the Reasons behind other crimes that have been done ? To overcome this kind of crimes ... first " there should be very very strict rules to be followed by the Authorities " ..Then only the world particularly India may change ...
Dear Sir ...

I am also from A.P .. Most of the ATM's are monitored by Security Guards ..In this case I agree with you. If guard goes for a tea break or some other break .. there may be chances of doing this same thing . Robberer even did not think about the " CC Footage " ...and did not think that he may be picked up easily by the Police ... Even he was not scared of all these things ...There is no Protection at all ..
We can overcome these kind of Crimes ... only when we are in a good Physical appearance ... We should definitely bring the " Self Protection instruments " along with us ... I think this would be the only reason ..
Dear ...

If this is all about the matter of Personal grievance then ... tell me What are the Reasons behind other crimes that have been done ? To overcome this kind of crimes ... first " there should be very very strict rules to be followed by the Authorities " ..Then only the world particularly India may change ...

Strict rules are there. Implementation is absent. That's why criminals are making a mockery of the rules. What I feel is,rules alone will not solve the crimes against a woman. Women should equip themselves with some sort of weapon or such device in order to defend themselves. And they should not hesitate to lodge an FIR in the nearest police station.
So far they have absolutely no clue as to who it was...They will of course get him but in the mean time an innocent woman and her family suffers because of the carelessness of the bank.They should have had a security guard there ...

Yesterday or day before, I read a letter in a newspaper by a reader who threw some light on this type of situation. It seems that now with so much competition in the banking sector, all the high-ranking officials focus on is how to earn more profits for their banks. One such official thought of this ingenious idea that if security at the ATMs is reduced, it would mean saving salaries of 3 guards for round-the-clock security of each ATM and taking them all off would mean saving about Rs. 7 crores each month in salaries for this bank, which was implemented by them and also other banks took it up immediately. So while not all ATMs lack security but the ones that do have security are far less compared to the number of ATMs with no security! They figured that if at all any incident happened where the ATM was broken into, it would be a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence and the losses very small compared to profits. So I guess, unless the consumers make a big noise about it, security would still be an issue!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yesterday or day before, I read a letter in a newspaper by a reader who threw some light on this type of situation. It seems that now with so much competition in the banking sector, all the high-ranking officials focus on is how to earn more profits for their banks. One such official thought of this ingenious idea that if security at the ATMs is reduced, it would mean saving salaries of 3 guards for round-the-clock security of each ATM and taking them all off would mean saving about Rs. 7 crores each month in salaries for this bank, which was implemented by them and also other banks took it up immediately. So while not all ATMs lack security but the ones that do have security are far less compared to the number of ATMs with no security! They figured that if at all any incident happened where the ATM was broken into, it would be a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence and the losses very small compared to profits. So I guess, unless the consumers make a big noise about it, security would still be an issue!

I too have seen that many ATMs that had guards before dont have one now because of this policy...When they make huge profits out off the same customers who use their AEMs is it too much to provide security which could save lives ? No doubt that Banks are facing problems because of lop sided policies by our government in which case they should shut down some ATMs rather than compromise on security...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too have seen that many ATMs that had guards before dont have one now because of this policy...When they make huge profits out off the same customers who use their AEMs is it too much to provide security which could save lives ? No doubt that Banks are facing problems because of lop sided policies by our government in which case they should shut down some ATMs rather than compromise on security...

Well, more than customers, their profits are more important to them. Before the entry of foreign banks in India, our own banks used to do a good job of interacting with customers and customer relationship used to be more important. But after entry of these other private banks, all that has gone for a toss and it is a dirty war amongst the cutthroat competitions, and where money is being saved in sackfuls, if a customer or two were to be sacrificed, what is the big deal? :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, more than customers, their profits are more important to them. Before the entry of foreign banks in India, our own banks used to do a good job of interacting with customers and customer relationship used to be more important. But after entry of these other private banks, all that has gone for a toss and it is a dirty war amongst the cutthroat competitions, and where money is being saved in sackfuls, if a customer or two were to be sacrificed, what is the big deal? :blink:

They now say that the fellow has been caught in Andhra Pradesh where another similar crime had taken place and a woman was murdered.They caught him while he was trying to use the dead womans ATM card and feel that he is the same person who attacked Jyoti in Bangalore..

While jogging besides marine drive road, here which is famous tourist hub, I counted 14 ATMs of different banks, at a stretch of six kilometers, and only five have guards and out of it two guards are sleeping. It is better to operate ATM with family members so that he or she can watch the door.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.