Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is admirable how far and how long the US Justice is pursuing this issue. A hard lesson needs to be taken by our judicial system which has always been very lenient in high profile cases! But then again, I wonder to what end can it be pursued for there will certainly be a clear statute of limitations to this case and all she has to do is, not enter US until that limitation expires! Then all is well for all concerned! :blink:

Thats true ! But Kalyani her husband is a US citizen and at some time or the other he may want to go back there which will make things difficult , the same foes for her since she will now never be able to go there...

But the charges are not against her husband and legally they cannot do anything to him just because he is her husband??? :blink:

Yes thats is true and he will have to go to keep up his citizenship at least once in 2 years and stay there for a few months and they may create problems and he may have eventually be forced to give up his citizenship....These are practical di9fficulties and more importantly will he want to ?

Hmmmmm.....lot of complications! Let us see what happens!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is admirable how far and how long the US Justice is pursuing this issue. A hard lesson needs to be taken by our judicial system which has always been very lenient in high profile cases! But then again, I wonder to what end can it be pursued for there will certainly be a clear statute of limitations to this case and all she has to do is, not enter US until that limitation expires! Then all is well for all concerned! :blink:

Thats true ! But Kalyani her husband is a US citizen and at some time or the other he may want to go back there which will make things difficult , the same foes for her since she will now never be able to go there...

But the charges are not against her husband and legally they cannot do anything to him just because he is her husband??? :blink:

Yes thats is true and he will have to go to keep up his citizenship at least once in 2 years and stay there for a few months and they may create problems and he may have eventually be forced to give up his citizenship....These are practical di9fficulties and more importantly will he want to ?

Yes, complicated because we do not know all the nuances. Moreover, there are a lot of things under the wraps. When they are out in the open, the picture will be clearer.

Yes, complicated because we do not know all the nuances. Moreover, there are a lot of things under the wraps. When they are out in the open, the picture will be clearer.

Things under wraps will never see the light. So the question of things getting clearer will not arise.

Things under wraps will never see the light. So the question of things getting clearer will not arise.

I agree, there are only certain things that the public gets to know from both sides since they would not revela all the details citing diplomatic reasons...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree, there are only certain things that the public gets to know from both sides since they would not revela all the details citing diplomatic reasons...

In that case then, even the RTI act won't help, if they are determined not to reveal things putting forth the diplomatic reasons. Then what's the hope of knowing the inside matters. :S

In that case then, even the RTI act won't help, if they are determined not to reveal things putting forth the diplomatic reasons. Then what's the hope of knowing the inside matters. :S

True...also what I feel is that these issues are irrelevant to us at least! We should be more concerned with environment and water problems etc. since they are issues that we can deal with on our level!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.