Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It does not need any kind of superhuman strength at all to keep our rivers and surroundings clean. It only needs a little bit of responsibility and the knowledge of what our irresponsible actions can lead to. Sadly, both these things are found missing in our society!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ganga and other rivers need to be cleaned including Jamuna in Delhi. In Varanasi and other places, the most famous temples are also surrounded by lot of filth generated from the offerings by pilgrims like flowers,coconut husk and shells,oil,sweets, rice, water etc. It is time that a reform should be brought to curtail such offerings which would help keep the internal and external areas of the temples neat and clean. It looks most of the time that devotees are visiting the temples for the benefit of the nearby shops.
Ganga and other rivers need to be cleaned including Jamuna in Delhi. In Varanasi and other places, the most famous temples are also surrounded by lot of filth generated from the offerings by pilgrims like flowers,coconut husk and shells,oil,sweets, rice, water etc. It is time that a reform should be brought to curtail such offerings which would help keep the internal and external areas of the temples neat and clean. It looks most of the time that devotees are visiting the temples for the benefit of the nearby shops.

This is another very crucial point you have raised. Most temples in India, except in South India, are so dirty and filthy that one cannot help but wonder how these filthy temples can the abode of the various gods and goddesses!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The richest temple of India Tirupati, in this respect has to be complemented for keeping the temple and its surroundings spic and span. On an average one lakh devotees pay visit to this shrine. The temple has an income of average 3 crores per day. The management uses this income not only to keep the surroundings of the temple clean, but also for welfare measures. It maintains a university and a research wing on study of ancient vedic culture. Usage of plastic is strictly prohibited here.

This is another very crucial point you have raised. Most temples in India, except in South India, are so dirty and filthy that one cannot help but wonder how these filthy temples can the abode of the various gods and goddesses!

That is the point. As I said earlier it seems one is mainly visiting the shops and temple visit is incidental. Yes Tirupati is an welcome exception. There is no central authority to reform certain practices in Hindu religion.

That is the point. As I said earlier it seems one is mainly visiting the shops and temple visit is incidental. Yes Tirupati is an welcome exception. There is no central authority to reform certain practices in Hindu religion.

Tirupati is maintained by a Board appointed by the Government. They make certain changes in certain religious practices with the approval of the Body.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.