Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ganga has been cleaned before also. But only cleaning is not the solution. The constant inflow of domestic, municipal and industrial wastes need to be stopped and diverted away from the river for treatment, then there will be no need to clean the Ganga. Let us hold back the euphoria for some time and watch. Nothing is happening for the first time.

Cleaning encompasses treating industrial wastes also. What the previous governments done is an "Eye wash" cleaning of Ganga.

Hopefully we shall wait for 2019 report card.

Even after one year viz. 2015, we shall get a fair idea about functioning of current government. I may add that even now there are rules about preventing pollution from industrial waste. The rivers are polluted from many sources.

Rules are there. But unimplemented. They are as good as not there.

There is pollution control Board. We can't say that they do absolutely nothing. But there is never perfection. At Agra, we don't have much industrial progress because the pollution control dos not allow setting up factories. Here pollution of Taj Mahal is more significant than rivers.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ganga has been cleaned before also. But only cleaning is not the solution. The constant inflow of domestic, municipal and industrial wastes need to be stopped and diverted away from the river for treatment, then there will be no need to clean the Ganga. Let us hold back the euphoria for some time and watch. Nothing is happening for the first time.

Cleaning encompasses treating industrial wastes also. What the previous governments done is an "Eye wash" cleaning of Ganga.

Even after one year viz. 2015, we shall get a fair idea about functioning of current government. I may add that even now there are rules about preventing pollution from industrial waste. The rivers are polluted from many sources.

There is pollution control Board. We can't say that they do absolutely nothing. But there is never perfection. At Agra, we don't have much industrial progress because the pollution control dos not allow setting up factories. Here pollution of Taj Mahal is more significant than rivers.

Yes, there exists a Pollution control board. It neither functions nor consents to the new projects. I know several industries are waiting for its clearance since years. Thereby creating a stalemate. The new government is aware of these problems. Modi assures of correcting all the hitherto existing lapses.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, there exists a Pollution control board. It neither functions nor consents to the new projects. I know several industries are waiting for its clearance since years. Thereby creating a stalemate. The new government is aware of these problems. Modi assures of correcting all the hitherto existing lapses.

Modi has to be a superman to solve all the problems. Hope he fulfills everyone's expectations.

Modi has to be a superman to solve all the problems. Hope he fulfills everyone's expectations.

There is "MAN" in the word Superman. A superman will not descend from the blue. He is among us. Who knows if he becomes Superman or a Mega Superman. Not one but the entire country pinned hopes on him. And he knows about it.

They are going to do just that. It's not going to be old formula of painting the roads (repair with filling the bricks and paint with bitumen) but total overhaul of roads. same will be done in river cleaning projects, they will catch the root of the pollution not mere Assi and Manikarnika banks of Ganga in Varanasi filtering the water to fool the expecting people. The job will be done with total expertise. I am sure the better the days are around corner.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

They are going to do just that. It's not going to be old formula of painting the roads (repair with filling the bricks and paint with bitumen) but total overhaul of roads. same will be done in river cleaning projects, they will catch the root of the pollution not mere Assi and Manikarnika banks of Ganga in Varanasi filtering the water to fool the expecting people. The job will be done with total expertise. I am sure the better the days are around corner.

Yes. earlier the Ganga Cleaninng project was done on the surface, without tackling the root of the problem that is industrial effluents.

Yes. earlier the Ganga Cleaninng project was done on the surface, without tackling the root of the problem that is industrial effluents.

I have very sweet memories of Ganga and its famous ghats when I was in Varanasi decades ago and if it is cleaned on a permanent basis it will be great achievement.

I have very sweet memories of Ganga and its famous ghats when I was in Varanasi decades ago and if it is cleaned on a permanent basis it will be great achievement.

Ganga is the pride of India. Varanasi is the abode of true Indian culture. Every Indian will be delighted if its brought back to its original grandeur. Ganga has a special place in the hearts of every Indian.

Modi or any one needs not be a super man. There needs be only a good leadership. All work is to be done by people. But the government can only inspire, control, coordinate and follow up.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Modi or any one needs not be a super man. There needs be only a good leadership. All work is to be done by people. But the government can only inspire, control, coordinate and follow up.[/quote

Very true. Any plan by the government should be equally performed by both the rulers and the ruled. People have an equal role in making the Government's plan successful.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.