Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Chinese have bowled a googly at the new government in India. So far there is no response from our govt. They are cleverly sayong that it is a favour they are granting to J&K and Arunachal Pradesh residents if they want to travel to China instead of not granting them a visa at all. Self respect or Trade is the choice.

Actually they consider some parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh as part of China. So why issue visa to own citizens. Once, C.M. of Arunachal Pradesh was denied visa. after denial, Chinese embassy authorities told the C.M. that he could visit China whenever he liked. He needed no visa as no country would give visa to own citizens. Thus, stapled visa is definitely a compromise.

However, I wish to know the position of residents in Pak occupied Kashmir. Will our government issue visa to them? This is just for curiousity.

I think both sides of Kashmiris visit the other part of Kashmir in buses after getting visas.

Why should we imagine the things, when the proceedings of the meet are in inconclusive stage? Let's wait for the completion of the meeting.

Which meet is being referred to pl. Staple visa is an issue ongoing since a long time.

The present meet with the new external minister of Modi's government according to the link provided in the thread.

The issue has been not commented upon by the Indian side so far. The Chinese Minister said it is a goodwill gesture and flew off.
The Chinese have bowled a googly at the new government in India. So far there is no response from our govt. They are cleverly sayong that it is a favour they are granting to J&K and Arunachal Pradesh residents if they want to travel to China instead of not granting them a visa at all. Self respect or Trade is the choice.

Actually they consider some parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh as part of China. So why issue visa to own citizens. Once, C.M. of Arunachal Pradesh was denied visa. after denial, Chinese embassy authorities told the C.M. that he could visit China whenever he liked. He needed no visa as no country would give visa to own citizens. Thus, stapled visa is definitely a compromise.

However, I wish to know the position of residents in Pak occupied Kashmir. Will our government issue visa to them? This is just for curiousity.

I think both sides of Kashmiris visit the other part of Kashmir in buses after getting visas.

Why should we imagine the things, when the proceedings of the meet are in inconclusive stage? Let's wait for the completion of the meeting.

Which meet is being referred to pl. Staple visa is an issue ongoing since a long time.

The present meet with the new external minister of Modi's government according to the link provided in the thread.

The issue has been not commented upon by the Indian side so far. The Chinese Minister said it is a goodwill gesture and flew off.[/quote

If you go through the link in the thread, you can see that India has not commented because the meet was inconclusive.

India considers 'Azad Kashmir' part of J & K and thus the residents of Azad Kashmir are Indian. I wonder how India can give VISA to them.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

India considers 'Azad Kashmir' part of J & K and thus the residents of Azad Kashmir are Indian. I wonder how India can give VISA to them.

India's considerations and Chinese considerations are poles apart.and lead to a stalemate . To solve this stalemate , both the countries should hold extensive dialogues in an amicable atmosphere. Until now nothing has come out. Let's see if the new government can resolve the stalemate and establish friendly relations mutually.

Chinese cosider Arunachal Pradesh their part still they issue visas in a stapled manner.

Chinese cosider Arunachal Pradesh their part still they issue visas in a stapled manner.

I sincerely wish that the two governments come to an amicable agreement

I just read that UAE had started issuing stapled visas to residents of Azad Kashmir in 2011.

An amicable settlement can only happen when either one gives up its claim or both give up their claims -- very difficult proposition at the moment.

I just read that UAE had started issuing stapled visas to residents of Azad Kashmir in 2011.

An amicable settlement can only happen when either one gives up its claim or both give up their claims -- very difficult proposition at the moment.

In the absence of an amicable settlement there won't be peace in the SE Asia.

Peace can be ensured either by surrender or by being mightier than your neighbours. SE Asia has almost always been in turmoil and shall continue to be as there are too many players involved from West Asia and Central Asia. We have to be strong militarily and economically.

Peace can be ensured either by surrender or by being mightier than your neighbours. SE Asia has almost always been in turmoil and shall continue to be as there are too many players involved from West Asia and Central Asia. We have to be strong militarily and economically.

Keeping these key aspects in view ,the new government is thinking of taking measures to create a WIN-WIN situation where none is a loser nor a gainer.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.