Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
True regionalism exists everywhere and any such incident should be condemned. In fact what Sunil Sir has mentioned here about how people from other parts of India are termed in NE -term "Deshwali" is a revelation for me and shocking too. Since people from NE are always targeted because of their looks they do the same with other fellow Indians.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: suni51
There is nothing new, you have to see how many people from other states beaten in North East every day for very small things. People from Bihar and Bengal go through very hard time in all North Eastern states.

I am rather surprised with the very strong statement that you have written. No doubt you might have witnessed some stray incidents but do they justify your giving such a generalised statement like that?? Referring to Manipur, many people from other states like punjab, Bihar, Bengal, Rajasthan etc reside here and do different kinds of works. In fact many of them live together without any problems among the locals. If we North easterners give them such a hard time, how come they continue coming here?? As to the incident that you have mentioned about beating a non local on the charge of hen stealing, have they behaved leniently when any local people of northeast commit the same crime??? Just as we don't end up thinking bad about Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai or Bangalore etc when stray incidents of racial discrimination happen there, I would not like people outside the North East to have a poor impression about our regions based on just a few stray incidents.

I am not sure how you took my post as an acquisition? I only said these are common incidents happening everywhere in our country. The only difference is we bring such incidents in print but we never think about it's a common problem in all states of India. As far business community go to Naga Land, Manipur Meghalaya etc they have to shut down their shutters at five with a siren warning them. And these are no stray incident but regular ones. Do you know what they call to people from other parts of the country "DESHWALI" that means outsiders or from out of seven sister states. However, I have visited your part of the world for enough number of times and seen how people live their life in that area esp Bengali and Bihari maybe Kachari included. LET ME CLEAR IT I SUPPORT NEITHER WHAT THEY DO HERE OR THERE AND I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS IN ALL 7 STATES OF NE .
PS_ I have only said all this because two of the cities mentioned Delhi and Bangalore are places where I have lived for long and both metros have lots of outsiders so couple of incidents should not be made matter of long discussion, it's like washing your dirty linen in public.

I lived in N.E. for severAl years. I agree. There is alienation of North East from rest of country. So N.E. residents are ill treated in Delhi and elsewhere. Same is done by M.E. people to others. None of this is appreciated. we have to do a lot to bring real unity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.