Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

The allegation of converfsions isa misplaced.  It is true that Christians including those in missionaries of charity work sincerely for education and health of people especially the poor, tribal and less developed area. Naturally, there are conversions in the process. There wasa virtually no education and health care in most regions of North East before Christians missionaries arrived on the scene. Most North East people did not have even script of their own- not to speak of organized religion. Before arrival of Christian missionaries,  there was virtually no language, no script, no religion, no education. It goes to the credit of christian missionaries alone that they educated the people. As they had virtually no religion, Christianity is their original or first religion. This may be so in other triabl areas also. Hence the allegation of conversion is false. 

Many children including those of RSS functioaries get ediucation in missioary schools. Hardly anyone is converted to christianity. It is natural that Adivasis embraced Christianity as their maiden religion. It is also natural that the so called lower castes having no dignity in Hindu religion accept Chritianity.  

But the link given by M.G. Singh, given above says something else. Now I'm in a fix. Is it the figment of the press imagination or the reality?

I feel if the conversions are done with an intention of helping those who are in a financially and sociologically backward state, conversions are not bad.

Some conversions obvious occur. But the main function is education and health- sociual service.  It is also worth noting that upper castes Hindus are not converted. Low caste Hindus amd tribal are more prone to conversion. Here also, the converted low caste Hindus are at a disadvantage. The scheduled caste members get benefit in reservation in govt. jobs only if they do not get converted to other religions. As Budddhism, jain, Sikh are coverted under Hindu law, they can become Budddhist. But if they become Christian or Muslim, they will lose reservation. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:

The allegation of converfsions isa misplaced.  It is true that Christians including those in missionaries of charity work sincerely for education and health of people especially the poor, tribal and less developed area. Naturally, there are conversions in the process. There wasa virtually no education and health care in most regions of North East before Christians missionaries arrived on the scene. Most North East people did not have even script of their own- not to speak of organized religion. Before arrival of Christian missionaries,  there was virtually no language, no script, no religion, no education. It goes to the credit of christian missionaries alone that they educated the people. As they had virtually no religion, Christianity is their original or first religion. This may be so in other triabl areas also. Hence the allegation of conversion is false. 

Many children including those of RSS functioaries get ediucation in missioary schools. Hardly anyone is converted to christianity. It is natural that Adivasis embraced Christianity as their maiden religion. It is also natural that the so called lower castes having no dignity in Hindu religion accept Chritianity.  

But the link given by M.G. Singh, given above says something else. Now I'm in a fix. Is it the figment of the press imagination or the reality?

I feel if the conversions are done with an intention of helping those who are in a financially and sociologically backward state, conversions are not bad.

Some conversions obvious occur. But the main function is education and health- sociual service.  It is also worth noting that upper castes Hindus are not converted. Low caste Hindus amd tribal are more prone to conversion. Here also, the converted low caste Hindus are at a disadvantage. The scheduled caste members get benefit in reservation in govt. jobs only if they do not get converted to other religions. As Budddhism, jain, Sikh are coverted under Hindu law, they can become Budddhist. But if they become Christian or Muslim, they will lose reservation.

Agreed sir. Very interesting things you gave me. But the main reasons for conversions are poverty. This is an undeniable fact. I know there are conversions among the lower castes who are doing well as Preachers, Pastors etc.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Conversion is inherent part of Christianity. Whatever Christian priests do like setting schools etc is to further conversion. All money comes from Vatican.  I was project director of UN  project for Tribal in Palghar and I had to put a stop to neferious practice of Christian priests trying to convert tribal .  priests are not allowed to convert in China and ends with jail term.

Building schools is not crime. I studied in Methodist school. I was benefited. I was not forced to convert into Christianity.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.