Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

We can stay limited to daughters are special. Even I can say that without being a celebrity but I have no scale to measure their degree of specialty so I will not measure it. All children are equal with parents points of views maybe some of us prefer a particular one a bit more than other. Gender no consideration. In my case I have no choice.

Na Putrasya Gatirnasti so goes a Sanskrit saying. Which means it's only son who can pave the way to Moksha or salvation. Now this outdated adage is being defied and women are coming forward even to perform the last rites of parents.

Wait- I have a sudden change of mind. You can see a little boy of two and half holding my finger in my profile picture. Suddenly, he is probably the most important person in my life.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

We can stay limited to daughters are special. Even I can say that without being a celebrity but I have no scale to measure their degree of specialty so I will not measure it. All children are equal with parents points of views maybe some of us prefer a particular one a bit more than other. Gender no consideration. In my case I have no choice.

Na Putrasya Gatirnasti so goes a Sanskrit saying. Which means it's only son who can pave the way to Moksha or salvation. Now this outdated adage is being defied and women are coming forward even to perform the last rites of parents.

Wait- I have a sudden change of mind. You can see a little boy of two and half holding my finger in my profile picture. Suddenly, he is probably the most important person in my life.

No you cannot. That young child happens to be your grand son, which was given as a gift by your endearing daughter.

Having children in itself is a boon , no doubt nature has made it such that women are physically weaker although even that is not an issue now with women in cities  learning self defence and developing muscular bodies rather than look like a wall flower...It is this one difference that had made man think he was superior and there was need to give special attention to girl child.In India female children still being killed in almost all parts of India and until awareness starts from the lower levels we will not be able to have gender equality ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Awareness in the women about the necessity of education and self defense has started. And I'm sure over a period it gathers full momentum. After all for centuries women were suppressed my the male dominated society.

Every child- son or daughter- is special.  Somebody mentioned that son brings salvation or Moksha. This is a religious concept. A son is supposed to perform last rites of father and thereby bring Moksha. Sons also have a role in patriarchal society. For girls, it is said that gods reside where women live. sp boys and girls both are special. Society needs both. Let us be fair to both. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Treating male and female children  is the wisest decision. But now the trend is changing. Many parents stopped treating their children equally irrespective of the gender.

Just because we celebrate “Daughters week”, we need not praise daughters and denounce sons. For parents, both are equal and they have equal roles to play in the society. Do you know there is a woman named Selina in Kerala who is doing cremation work in a crematorium ground in Kochi. She arranges firewood on the ground, ensures that the bodies burn properly, and will even do some rituals if necessary. It is the job she has adopted as her livelihood. She earns an income depending on the number of deaths. 

That's a useful and informative input. Daughters week or otherwise, children irrespective of the gender should be treated equally. Of late parents shedding away the thoughts on Male child preferences..

There was a time when ladies were not allowed to accompany the dead bodies of their near and dear ones to the cremation grounds where some traditional ceremonies were performed.But, now I see a lot of ladies going there , when my father passed away, I my sister and other cousins accompanied the body and took part in the ceremonies.It is heart breaking no doubt but a right that you should not forego...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Just because we celebrate “Daughters week”, we need not praise daughters and denounce sons. For parents, both are equal and they have equal roles to play in the society. Do you know there is a woman named Selina in Kerala who is doing cremation work in a crematorium ground in Kochi. She arranges firewood on the ground, ensures that the bodies burn properly, and will even do some rituals if necessary. It is the job she has adopted as her livelihood. She earns an income depending on the number of deaths. 

There are many such ladies working in similar profession. Recently, I read an account of a young woman in Maharashtra who took up the profession of cutting open the bodies for postmortem after her father passed away. She helps doctors conduct postmortem and then once they are done, she sews them up! I guess, women are fast turning the tides of time and becoming brave enough to do things even males fear doing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.