Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

But sticking to wrong facts is not proper even when right facts are presented. Patronising is good only to a very limited extent.

Here the members are knowledgeable.members are ready to change their opinions if facts are presented in an authentic way. If they do not change ignore them

Gulshan and India Today group may be Vijay's props but I stick to what I say - The term OROP may have been used later but for all practical purposes it was Indira Gandhi who was at the center of the controversy ..

http://www.catchnews.com/national-news/what-makes-indira-gandhi-the-mother-of-orop-controversy-1441540775.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with you. It;s your opinion. And in this connection i gave web link to one of or members that Indira Gandhii has scrapped OROP during here regime.

Facts do not need props. 

Then accept what the member says. Creating a stalemate is undesirable. It amounts to dragging the thread for no reason.

It is true that the decision to do away with OROP came up during the 3rd pay commission and it was decided to be same as the civil pension scheme. That was the first pay commission without a military member. The fact that an Army personnel was equated with a civilian was indeed unfair since the working conditions can never be equated. The pay commission could not have been possible without the knowledge of the then PM. What exactly conspired or happened can not be vouched for after 42 years. Fd Marshal Manekshaw however is known to have shared a close rapport with Mrs Indira Gandhi and therefore one can not understand why exactly did a straight forward person of his stature who never hesitated in calling the spade,a spade take it. Maybe the soldier in him and bound to rules that comes with the uniform( as it was believed then that a soldier does his duties irrespective of the incentives) he maintained his dignity by not interfering. Anyways high time that the soldiers got their dues and I'm really happy that things have worked in their favour to some extent finally!!

Its wise to Leave behind all those things of the past and think of the present. Fortunately Central government did the right thing in deciding the right thing to those soldiers who stood like sentinels for the security of the country and people. All is well that ends well.

Of course some want to believe only what they want to, only those links that support their own wishful thinking but fats are different and one has to face them..I guess even the link below will be called unreliable  except for Gulshan's words and an incomplete article by Times of India !

One Rank One Pension’ more widely known by its acronym OROP, until 1973, was the basis for deciding pension of Indian Armed Forces Personnel [1] In 1973, in the wake ofThird Central Pay Commission (3CPC), when Indira Gandhi was Prime Minister, and Jagjivan Ram was Defense Minister, the Indian National Congress Government, “took ex-parte decision against the One Rank One Pension formula”. One Rank One Pension (OROP) since then has become a contentious issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koshyari_Committee_Report_On_Grant_Of_One_Rank_One_Pension

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The facts given are true so far as my knowledge goes. Its common knowledge in the Army circle. It was accepted but never appreciated
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.