Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is expected. It's like thief shouting, "thief, thief. " Chor Machaye Shor,"

In the start of thread it is mentioned  by @Usha that Indira Gandhi scrapped the OROP in 1973. To the best of my knowledge this is not correct. What had happened was that the pension of armed forces was reduced from 75% to 50% of last pay drawn based on the then   pay commission's report. Member may like to clarify correct position.

Better forget. Why digging ? All is well now. Barring a few ex service men all are happy. The Government also assured that all the demands of the army personnel will be sorted out

There is no question of digging as facts should be right. I genuinely want to know was OROP there in 1973 ? A charge has been made against Indira Gandhi and needs to be clarified by thread initiator.  I am also happy that the demands of army have been met though partially.

If  you want a clarification, why the thread starter ? I too can clarify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Rank,_One_Pension

Thank you very much. The reason I wanted to know was because in all the discussions I heard and read I never came across that OROP was their till 1973. The way it was stated that after 42 years the demand was being conceded gave me such impression. I once again thank you for your providing the reference. My apologies to @ Usha if she has felt otherwise.

Welcome. We are all prone to mistakes. . If one of us will correct a mistake it serves the purpose.

Actually, the position of pay and pension before 1973 was different. Then pay as well as pension were fixed on basisi of lenth and rank according to table. There was no need to calculate pension which was simple enough to fix onbasis of table.  But after 1973 Third pay commission,  there were pay scales with annual increments instead of table. Pension had also to be fixed on basis of ten months average emoluments.  This subsequently resulted in anamolies as those retiring later would get more pension onbasis of salaty in revissed pay scale. Hence the issue of one rank one pension is a result of Third Pay commission report implementation and not scrappingof any orop scheme by Indira Gandhi.  Every pay commission- third, fourth and now fifth contribute to more anamolies as new pensioners are gainer and old pensioners get less than new ones in spite of having retired with same amount of service in same rank.  A pay commission is constituted every ten years and  pay scales and pension rate  are revised. The pensioners also gain but the old onesdo not get as much benefit as new ones. 

It is good that at last, one rank one pension goal has been achieved significantly.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

vijay wrote:

In the start of thread it is mentioned  by @Usha that Indira Gandhi scrapped the OROP in 1973. To the best of my knowledge this is not correct. What had happened was that the pension of armed forces was reduced from 75% to 50% of last pay drawn based on the then   pay commission's report. Member may like to clarify correct position.

https://www.quora.com/Why-Indira-Gandhi-scrapped-out-One-Rank-One-pension-OROP

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's indeed a landmark decision. Every decision comes with some hitches and glitches here and there but for that a landmark decision cannot be undermined. Now, both the parties must act reasonably, hold discussion and sort out the differences so that the veterans can benefit the most from such a decision which was long awaited.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.