Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It has been proved once again that regional movies with good content and ground reality are better films, even though they may not entertain as much as the Bollywood movies do.

Entertainment is not only aims of movies. I don't know much about Marathi movies but some Hindi films are not entertaining but they are good movies. If this film won the award it pride for we all Indians.

If a good movie wins an Oscar, it's a matter of pride for all us. Though Court is not a Hindi movie, it has all the good qualities of  classic movie.

Yes language is not important of good and classic movies. Kosish (Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bhaduri) and Black is example of it.

I liked Bengali moves without knowing Bengali language. So are Malayalam and Marathi movies.To understand and appreciate good movies language will never stand on your way. What all you need is a heart to appreciate.

vijay wrote:

Honestly in Europe and USA esp no one watches Indian films excepting the NRI's and Pakistanis who are nor dependent on Oscar nominated Indian movies. Weare always seeking recognition from these countries and in turn watch their mediocre movies also and feel elated. Who can help us?

No one can help us for we ourselves need to change our attitude of seeking gratification and recognition from foreign sources. But it is the truth that even foreign audiences wish to see good movies with quality content from India, I am not sure about other countries but the people in UK, actually watch good Indian movies, they are really enamoured and fascinated with India, and wish to see quality content. So if we can give them such via the Oscars, where is the harm?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Movies like Mother India, Lagaan are highly respected and viewed by Movie viewers of many countries. I myself view many classic non Telugu movies even though I do not know the language of those movies in a state like AP. A good movie is always appreciated irrespective of the language.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

Honestly in Europe and USA esp no one watches Indian films excepting the NRI's and Pakistanis who are nor dependent on Oscar nominated Indian movies. Weare always seeking recognition from these countries and in turn watch their mediocre movies also and feel elated. Who can help us?

No one can help us for we ourselves need to change our attitude of seeking gratification and recognition from foreign sources. But it is the truth that even foreign audiences wish to see good movies with quality content from India, I am not sure about other countries but the people in UK, actually watch good Indian movies, they are really enamoured and fascinated with India, and wish to see quality content. So if we can give them such via the Oscars, where is the harm?

We can give them many movies outside Oscars, why restrict them to only one movie via the Oscars.

vijay wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

We can give them many movies outside Oscars, why restrict them to only one movie via the Oscars.

There are many platforms to exhibit Indian movies ,like IMFI, International Movie festival of India, where lot of international movie makers can witness our movies.

But Oscar has its own greatness.

In the last two years I have seen Oscar awarded movies and found them to be average and a couple of them were indeed like Hindi movie stories. What greatness is bestowed by Oscars is not clear. The marketing of Oscars is superb , no doubt about that. It sells around the globe including India.

May be. But I have seen the best. TEN Commandments, Benhur to name a few. If It happened so in your case, it's mere bad luck. One cannot brush away all the Movies which won Oscars.

this show the world that it is not important that a film should be from bollywood to get nominated in oscar . Every film whether it is from any language if its a good film it will be nominated in oscar (the biggest award show in this world)

bhuyali saroj

In fact there were more nominations from non Hindi movies than Hindi movies. When a movie is nominated for Oscar, it's an achievement. After all all movies are not worthy of an Oscar nomination.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.