Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Indian movies have hardly ever got recognition in Oscars. Court is a fantastic movie by our standards but in Oscars it gets diluted. Is there any compulsion for us to send Indian movies to Oscars.

There is no compulsion. After all Oscar is a coveted award. I don't see any harm in nominating an Indian movie to Oscars.

vijay wrote:

Indian movies have hardly ever got recognition in Oscars. Court is a fantastic movie by our standards but in Oscars it gets diluted. Is there any compulsion for us to send Indian movies to Oscars.

There is no compulsion but it is good to get international attention and recognition for our good movies once in a while. In any case, we keep watching even quite mediocre Hollywood movies here all the time!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Honestly in Europe and USA esp no one watches Indian films excepting the NRI's and Pakistanis who are nor dependent on Oscar nominated Indian movies. Weare always seeking recognition from these countries and in turn watch their mediocre movies also and feel elated. Who can help us?

That's our inherent trait to please others. Instead, they should devote themselves in raising the Indian movies from mediocrity to higher standards and please our own folks.

But trying for an Oscar, thereby showing the world our own traditions and culture like Lagaan and Mother India. is not bad.

There seems to have been a lot of politics involved during the selection process which is probably what happens each time when films are selected to be sent to the Oscar selection committee 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Exclusive-Amol-Palekar-hated-Court-says-Rahul-Rawail/articleshow/49085310.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It has been proved once again that regional movies with good content and ground reality are better films, even though they may not entertain as much as the Bollywood movies do.

Entertainment is not only aims of movies. I don't know much about Marathi movies but some Hindi films are not entertaining but they are good movies. If this film won the award it pride for we all Indians.

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It has been proved once again that regional movies with good content and ground reality are better films, even though they may not entertain as much as the Bollywood movies do.

Entertainment is not only aims of movies. I don't know much about Marathi movies but some Hindi films are not entertaining but they are good movies. If this film won the award it pride for we all Indians.

If a good movie wins an Oscar, it's a matter of pride for all us. Though Court is not a Hindi movie, it has all the good qualities of  classic movie.

@rambabu Thank you very much for the detailed information. It is good to know that the committee is impartial but still I have a doubt in my mind after getting to know about the numbers of Bengali movies. Though I am not aware of the other regional movies, I can say about Bengali movies because being Bengali I watch them. There are/were many awesome movies which can/could give a good fight to many Hindi movies which get/got selected for submission to Oscars.  

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

If a good movie wins an Oscar, it's a matter of pride for all us. Though Court is not a Hindi movie, it has all the good qualities of  classic movie.

Yes language is not important of good and classic movies. Kosish (Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bhaduri) and Black is example of it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.