Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes common persons indeed have become insensitive and this is benefiting the politicians tremendously.

Thank you said by: rambabu

EXACTLY.  Common man is so used to these corruption practices, that they have become practically deaf and dumb.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

@Kalyani

A petty politician once became the Chairman of my PSU company. The first thing he did was to renovate his office in his city at my company's cost running into a few lakhs. His company provided car had its radial tires changed every three or four months, when such tires are rated to run for nearly fifty thousand plus kms.(Where did the tires go?)  His children used to go in the car on two hour drives one way to eat ice cream in a big city. He forced the company to depute him and his wife on a foreign tour naturally at company expense for a fortnight or more. WE all saw this happening but could not or would not do anything. All we did and am still doing is keep cribbing. He enjoyed his posting. I liked your suggestion of declaring cribbing as a national pastime.

We see the same types everywhere in government and bureaucratic positions, of course there are few exceptions but most of them join the game quickly once they start getting these extra perks. A family friend was working in the Indian embassy of Japan and was in charge of cultural portfolio. Without exception, ALL the visiting Indian dignitaries and their entourage used to behave in such a weird manner, such as  demanding extra attention, shopping expensive items and gifts at the cost of the embassy, making the staff of the embassy run to and fro for petty things etc. without thinking of the image they created of themselves and their country on foreign soil. So I think this particular habit has infiltrated Indian genes so instead of making them change, we should declare cribbing as national sport and make the best of the situation. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

I guess thats all we can do because as citizens of this country there is very little we can do since in many ways we are powerless ! If you happen to see just an ordinary SP and his power-play one will understand how it works . It is disgusting to see the politicians being unaccountable and getting away with almost anything ! It is only now that there is some fear of the media expose but even there I am sure they do play one against the other and get them to report what they want ..Here in the south many of the popular channels are owned by the politicians ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Ram Babu you a right, I read in newspaper that CM of Telengana hire jet plan for his China visit and spend 2 crore Rs. for it. Attitude of most of politicians for public money is same. They said before election that we are servant of public but after election they all behave like master. There are some exception of it. I read book about former CM of Kerla Omman Chenddior OC. He is very simple person.

Ooman Chandy is an exception. As the CM of Kerala he has no airs.   He leads a simple life.

Yes I read enough about him. Our others leaders should be read this book. and learn how some one can serve public.

Do you think our political leaders learn good from good people ? Most of our politicians are shameless creatures. By becoming a follower of Oomen Chandy they don't want to earn a handful of ashes, They want to earn Millions and keep them in Swiss banks by illegal means.

Yes if some one suggest them to read this book and behave like Omman Chendi. they declare the person mad and sent them to mental hospitals. Once here one local leader said that I did not join politics to be a saint. It means they join politics to be devil.

I appreciate that local leader. At least, he made his intentions clear. Oomen Chandy is one in million politicians. We cannot expect such politicians everyday and everywhere.

Yes I am agree, some leader may be like Oomen Chandy, but we don't know about them. Ex C.M. Of Rajasthan Mr. Ashok Gahlot also very simple person. One our local MLA, who died in 1990,Prof, kedar Nath was very simple person. Any one who want to meet him can get any where any time. We may find him in front row of local wrestling competition.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

@Kalyani

A petty politician once became the Chairman of my PSU company. The first thing he did was to renovate his office in his city at my company's cost running into a few lakhs. His company provided car had its radial tires changed every three or four months, when such tires are rated to run for nearly fifty thousand plus kms.(Where did the tires go?)  His children used to go in the car on two hour drives one way to eat ice cream in a big city. He forced the company to depute him and his wife on a foreign tour naturally at company expense for a fortnight or more. WE all saw this happening but could not or would not do anything. All we did and am still doing is keep cribbing. He enjoyed his posting. I liked your suggestion of declaring cribbing as a national pastime.

We see the same types everywhere in government and bureaucratic positions, of course there are few exceptions but most of them join the game quickly once they start getting these extra perks. A family friend was working in the Indian embassy of Japan and was in charge of cultural portfolio. Without exception, ALL the visiting Indian dignitaries and their entourage used to behave in such a weird manner, such as  demanding extra attention, shopping expensive items and gifts at the cost of the embassy, making the staff of the embassy run to and fro for petty things etc. without thinking of the image they created of themselves and their country on foreign soil. So I think this particular habit has infiltrated Indian genes so instead of making them change, we should declare cribbing as national sport and make the best of the situation. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

I guess thats all we can do because as citizens of this country there is very little we can do since in many ways we are powerless ! If you happen to see just an ordinary SP and his power-play one will understand how it works . It is disgusting to see the politicians being unaccountable and getting away with almost anything ! It is only now that there is some fear of the media expose but even there I am sure they do play one against the other and get them to report what they want ..Here in the south many of the popular channels are owned by the politicians ! 

The fear of media does loom over such people but only to a certain extent, because not just in South, but elsewhere too media is mostly owned by politicians and businessmen with strong influence over politics. And in any case, media can be exploited and twisted and turned to suit each one's own convenience, so not much they can do here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Recently, a case was lodged against a Communist party of India woman legislator trying to manhandle Idukki ( Kerala) additional district magistrate ' 

There are several cases of manhandling the press photographer by politicians. No respect or fear for law can be seen in these politicians.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/case-lodged-kerala-cpi-mla-pushing-district-official-2326124.html

Media used to be completely controlled by the politicians or at least the party that was in power until the nineties when things changed for the better and now of course what we see is a mix of both - some very aggressive media personnel who try to be fair as fair can be , in the bargain  drowning all voices , some fence sitters and some openly leaning towards a particular political party ! However, things are better than what they were two decades ago!We come to know most of what is happening around us within minutes .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

A good part of my day is allocated for TV watching.

I leave all those channels which have political lenience and other vested interests. In this regard I prefer BBC, Asia version.

To know what is happening in our country we need to watch the local news channels because BBC Asia service has limited coverage since they cater to the entire south Asian region !

True. BBC Asia is one of the many channels i view. Yes, I watch local news and media. From Vizag two local news papers are published. I watch them regularly.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.