Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt gong just by the humanitarian aspect what has happened is criminal and the minister coming up with such irresponsible statement is the limit ! I dont blame the Tanzanian embassy going all out and demanding justice , which is what they should be doing when one of their citizens is in trouble in a foreign land !

But there are some realities which also are being discussed in Bangalore especially by those who have Nigerian, Tanzanian and Zimbabwe students staying in their neighborhood. They are universally hated because of their unsocial behavior, noise , drunken brawls and drug episodes. Most house owners refuse to renew their house rental contracts. Recently two of the students ran over an old couple and a child and were caught for drunk driving, no word from their embassy then... There are umpteen cases of drug related crime and the embassies simply wash their hands off. I feel that it is precisely this kind of behavior that has made the police behave in such a lax manner, although they should not do so since it is an individual case and one where the girl was innocent!

Bangalore has always been a very broad minded city but it is the state government and the leaders who are at the root cause of such intolerance and disturbing behavior by their open discrimination . The CM lives in his own fools paradise of pomp ,arrogance and sycophancy towards the mother and son duo and little do they care about anything else other than point fingers at others when there is trouble !

I also experienced it while I was living in Chandigarh and in adjoining room two African were living. Their behavior was not good one. But no one have right to took law and order in hand. What was peoples done with this girl is evil deed, no one like it. If she done some wrong people must be complaint it to police.

vijay wrote:

Banglore has been ruled by Congress for maximum time and rose to fame as an IT center during Congress CM Mr Krishna. So blaming Congress is not fair nor right. The lumpen elements have got an opportunity to exert themselves and this needs to be curbed. If students from these countries are misbehaving they should be expelled and further students from these countries should not be accepted.

Yeah, let us not blame congress for anything. Let us blame BJP for rising intolerance and everything that happens in congress state.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mr. Kijazi, the Tanzanian High Commissioner had talks with Mr. Parameshwara, the Home minister of Karnataka Government. Striking a conciliatory note, the High Commissioner expressed his satisfaction for the stern measures taken by the State Government following the attack. The High Commissioner in a talk with the African students stressed on the importance of obeying the law of the land.It seems the situation in Bangalore is inching back to normalcy

There is so much panic that the African students are confined to their rooms. Even for examination, arrangement  for seating in separate is being made.   

https://in.news.yahoo.com/tanzanian-student-attack-panic-text-021000294.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It happens. In times like this lot of rumors are created especially by the Anti - Social elements. would take law in to their hands. However, Ramakrishna Gowda, an administrator of Acharya college assured that, he would visit  the accommodations of the African students' and make them feel safe.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

Banglore has been ruled by Congress for maximum time and rose to fame as an IT center during Congress CM Mr Krishna. So blaming Congress is not fair nor right. The lumpen elements have got an opportunity to exert themselves and this needs to be curbed. If students from these countries are misbehaving they should be expelled and further students from these countries should not be accepted.

Yeah, let us not blame congress for anything. Let us blame BJP for rising intolerance and everything that happens in congress state.

In none of my posts have I ever blamed any party. Even if you are trying to be at your caustic best the choice is yours. Better late than never. Go right ahead and do so. The reality is reality.

usha manohar wrote:

The Congress party under S M Krishna , Gundu Rao or even Veerappa Moily is vastly different to what it is today ...No doubt a lot has been achieved during their times but today the party ruled by Siddaramaiah and his cronies is nothing but a sham ! 

I respect your opinion but it is an elected government. How did people vote such sham persons to power?

vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The Congress party under S M Krishna , Gundu Rao or even Veerappa Moily is vastly different to what it is today ...No doubt a lot has been achieved during their times but today the party ruled by Siddaramaiah and his cronies is nothing but a sham ! 

I respect your opinion but it is an elected government. How did people vote such sham persons to power?

Normally people elect going by the past experience and after Yadiyurappa was  accused by the opposition, which has now been proven false by the courts . I guess people felt they had to vote for the Congress government which had given good governance in the past , but now I am sure they realise their mistake !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The African students are exactly hiding or in fear because today they took out a rally and also sat in front of the DC's office to demand justice which one can understand ! But media makes it look as if they are hiding and are scared for their life which is definitely not the case since Bangalore has a huge population of foreign students, some of who have never gone back even after their visas were expired, because they feel quite at home here .I know of several Iranians ,Iraqis and Africans who have been here since nineties and continue to stay, working and raising families !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I strongly believe that bringing Taliban or IS context into this scandalous episode is a hyperbolic exercise. Incidents like these are throwbacks to atavistic urges which find manifestations in different parts of the world including the so-called developed countries with

Indians at the receiving end. What should come in for intense scrutiny and serious investigation is the role of the state administration. Its failures are too many.As Usha points out that the conduct of a section of African students has been a contributory factor which called for timely action on the part of the authorities. However nothing extenuates the gravity of the crime perpetrated

on the hapless Tanzanian girl. Two wrongs can't make a right. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.