Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is sad that Tippu who persecuted Hindus and Christians is being honored. It's simply ludicrous.

rambabu wrote:

Observing the Jayanthi of a Butcher like Tipu Sultan who have slaughtered hundreds of Local Kodavas during his reign sounds funny. The CJ said Tipu is not a  freedom fighter, but a ruler of a Princely State.

Tippu converted Hindus and they were forcibly circumcised and made to eat beef and their wives were taken as consorts by Muslim noblemen. This is Tippu !

There is no end to the atrocities committed by Tipu sulatan and until the eighties he was not even considered for any honor . It was after Sanjay Khan along with one of Tipu's descendants made a serial which also was very controversial because of the manner in which he wanted to twist and change history to make Tipu look like a messiah. But many of these scenes were cut by the censors since they were not true to life. Later suddenly the Congress party saw an opportunity in Tipu and began to idolise him...and the present CM of Karnataka is anyway a directionless leader who is into every scam and controversy possible and he now wants to celebrate Tipu's birth anniversary on a grand scale, probably with the idea of making some pocket money for himself and his cabinet friends..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

We Indians know how to demean yourself. I had been to Pakistan and the Sikh Ruler Ranjit Singh whose capital was Lahore is portrayed as a demon though he was a secularist. I fail to understand the move to honor Tippu.Another Congress ploy to win minority votes

Arunima Singh wrote:

History gets interpreted, re interpreted and misinterpreted for vote bank gain. It's high time we leave this going back to history and glorifying it or misguiding it for personal and political gains. The demand of the time is to stay in present and glorify it for a better future. It is time to stay here and now, act and make a glorifying history. Rather than the expenditure on these jayantis and stuff, let us invest in present-- for better education, better healthcare facilities, better roads..... so much needs to be done rather than these few celebrations for political gain.

It is my view and one can disagree

I am agree with you that we must be thing for future. But it is not fair to forget our ancestors.They are our priceless heritage.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

History gets interpreted, re interpreted and misinterpreted for vote bank gain. It's high time we leave this going back to history and glorifying it or misguiding it for personal and political gains. The demand of the time is to stay in present and glorify it for a better future. It is time to stay here and now, act and make a glorifying history. Rather than the expenditure on these jayantis and stuff, let us invest in present-- for better education, better healthcare facilities, better roads..... so much needs to be done rather than these few celebrations for political gain.

It is my view and one can disagree

I am agree with you that we must be thing for future. But it is not fair to forget our ancestors.They are our priceless heritage.

Of course, but we dont to need invaders and plunderers like Tipu to be remembered and a festival enacted in his memory which is what the Congress govt of Karnataka wants to do inspite of knowing his background. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.