Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Even later when Pakistan began needling India no committed effort was made to put an end to it ..

And I don't see any committed effort being made to put an end to it. Not even close. In the previous month only we have witnessed 49 deaths of our defence personnel and nothing has been done. Today also one of the soldiers was martyred.I really do hope for a strong action in the coming days.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

We are incapable of retaliating. We are very good at microanalysis. We will expect US to control Pakistan. Basically centuries of domination by outsiders has eliminated our ability to hit back. The present priority of government is to inform us of the fantastic achievements in the last three years. Their great achievement is winning against Congress. Defence persons are not the priority.

There is absolutely no doubt that there have been fantastic achievements made in the past three years , socially, politically, economically and in diplomatic front. There was surgical strike against Pakistan and one can also see why the terror activities have increased.However, I too feel that we need to take tough measures regardless of what the world thinks . Isnt that what America, Russia and China would do if they were faced with a terrorist neighbor like Pakistan.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What fantastic achievements can you spell out? With such undeserved praise complacency has already set in. There is no plan only lectures and propaganda. Army is not able to protect itself . What state of affairs have we come to. And you still harp on achievements!!!

When people have gotten used to One Family rule , VIP culture , corrupt practices etc etc and are bent on maligning all other forms of government not much can be expected . Diplomatically we have achieved a lot with regard to all our neighbors except Pakistan . Corruption has come down , Demonitization has been one of the biggest achievements , cities are looking cleaner and whether one admits or not, armed forces are much more confident , with a free hand to act in emergencies, a lot is being done to take care of womens rights ... 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Citing the previous government's inadequacies doesn't help make a very strong point. People voted for BJP because they expect more. They don't want to hear the fallen regime's mistakes, scams, corrupt practices as they've seen it first hand (we all have!). Diplomatically, only the Indo-US relations seem strong. And that too because they need us to counter China.

Not so sure about cleaner cities (After all I live in UP).

I would be disappointed if the Modi government only has 'surgical strikes' to show for their counter-insurgency measures. A lot more can be done if only the army gets some autonomy. 7th Pay Commission is not what we expected (for the army, not for the govt. employees) .

This is not a UPA/AAP bhakt criticizing the govt. This is a citizen expecting a bit more than passionate speeches and modi fests.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

We have mended fences with Sri Lanka, Bangla Desh, Nepal and all Arabian countries which in itself would come in handy while tackling Pakistan. Is anyone ever satisfied with Pay commissions ? you can see the status of teachers in Karnataka . Some have not been paid for more than 10 years ! I have relatives and friends in the armed forces and from what I see they are leading a good life with much better facilities now .

usha manohar wrote:

We have mended fences with Sri Lanka, Bangla Desh, Nepal and all Arabian countries which in itself would come in handy while tackling Pakistan. Is anyone ever satisfied with Pay commissions ? you can see the status of teachers in Karnataka . Some have not been paid for more than 10 years ! I have relatives and friends in the armed forces and from what I see they are leading a good life with much better facilities now .

I live in Army area. So, I really know what I'm talking about. The officers and jawans don't (rather can't) complain much about it as that's not what the army is used to and they may get court martialed (fired, in layman's language). You see the railway folk go on strike the moment they feel something's not right. But imagine if the serving army decides to go on a mass strike (though they won't). The country would come to a stand still and of course it won't be able to survive for more than a few hours (literally!).

Oscar Wilde

usha manohar wrote:

When people have gotten used to One Family rule , VIP culture , corrupt practices etc etc and are bent on maligning all other forms of government not much can be expected . Diplomatically we have achieved a lot with regard to all our neighbors except Pakistan . Corruption has come down , Demonitization has been one of the biggest achievements , cities are looking cleaner and whether one admits or not, armed forces are much more confident , with a free hand to act in emergencies, a lot is being done to take care of womens rights ... 

The achievements of the present Government are many. Here are the achievements for those who are ignorant and  pretend and suffer from a disease called " Congress Color blindness"

JanDhan Yojna

Make in India

India climbed 12 spots in ease of doing business global rankings.

India signed strategic Nuclear deals with Countries like Japan, Russia, Canada etc giving India   access to unprecedented nuclear fuel and technology.

There are many other Initiatives like Smart cities, Swatch Bharat, Beti Bachao etc

All what you and @usha are  tom tomming as achievements have taken place in previous regimes also. If you chose to ignore it that is your short sightedness. You are a fantastic example of a propaganda stricken person. When governments have bhaktas like you they need not work hard and will show swatch Bharat as response to terrorist attacks. God save the nation.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.