Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

There is already a big shortage of army officers in Our country. According to a data published on July, there is a shortage of about 7000 army personnel at present, which is not a good news. With rejection of hike in their service pay, it would only increase this gap. 

I am agree with pay gap, but it is not true that people are not interested in joining army. I don't about your area but in area army every year army invite peoples to join army. Thousand young applied every year. Recruitment procedure is too much tough. So out of  thousand few are qualified to join army. Government must be took some efforts to give training to join army.

No doubt many young men take part in the army recruitments held in different parts of India. North east India is no different and thousands of the young men take part both in the training and in recruitment. But there is still shortage of army personnel. The data has also been shared by Minister of State Defense in the Lok Sabha. 

Another cause of concern is that a significant number of those recruited do not make army a life long career. Either they opt for early retirements or become deserters.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

There is already a big shortage of army officers in Our country. According to a data published on July, there is a shortage of about 7000 army personnel at present, which is not a good news. With rejection of hike in their service pay, it would only increase this gap. 

I am agree with pay gap, but it is not true that people are not interested in joining army. I don't about your area but in area army every year army invite peoples to join army. Thousand young applied every year. Recruitment procedure is too much tough. So out of  thousand few are qualified to join army. Government must be took some efforts to give training to join army.

It is good to know that ..people living in the northern states especially those who are exposed to Pakistan firing and brutality are more likely to join the army , so states like Punjab ,Rajasthan , Gujrat, UP etc with close proximity would have more number of soldiers.Unfortunately , there are not many south Indians joining . My father was an army man, having fought in the 1965 Indo - Pak war. He was shot in his leg and the bullet got lodged in between the leg bone which could not be taken out so he carried it all through his life . He used to say that there were very few south Indians in the army mainly because they don't realise the harrowing situation Pakistan has created 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have reasons to believe (having served in allied industries) that South Indians mostly serve in technical and medical services in army although we have many famous regimens from south.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

It is good to know that ..people living in the northern states especially those who are exposed to Pakistan firing and brutality are more likely to join the army , so states like Punjab ,Rajasthan , Gujrat, UP etc with close proximity would have more number of soldiers.Unfortunately , there are not many south Indians joining . My father was an army man, having fought in the 1965 Indo - Pak war. He was shot in his leg and the bullet got lodged in between the leg bone which could not be taken out so he carried it all through his life . He used to say that there were very few south Indians in the army mainly because they don't realise the harrowing situation Pakistan has created 

It is not just that only people from states which are more in line of firing from enemy join army. There are thousands each year from Maharashtra too who join all three branches of military. In fact, in Western Maharashtra there are a couple of villages in which, young men from each and every family serve in the army. Also, it is slightly wrong to say that South Indians do not join army, they do in large numbers, but due to their inherent inclination, they are see more in technical and medical branches as Sunil mentioned. My father was in Air Force and so have seen this kind of categorisation. Even now when I sometimes accompany my mother to the military hospital, I see that majority of the doctors are from South and Maharashtra while 99% nurses are from South India.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is high time that government should look to upgrade the pay scale of Armed forces to build up their morals and to encourage more youths to join the Armed forces. All talk of patriotism fail if the needs of family of Armed forces is not met.

And they are citizens of India and they have right to vote and have a say in deciding who is going to rule. It is a very sad state that political parties use them as vote bank but forget their basic needs. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Bangalore has proper armyairforce and naval Base , although the forces come from all over the country ..here is a breakdown of the 10 top states..

I am giving the list below.

1. Uttar Pradesh
  2. Haryana
  3. Uttarakhand
  4. Bihar
  5. Rajasthan
  6. Punjab
  7. Madhya Pradesh
  8. Maharashtra
  9. Delhi
  10. Jammu and Kashmir

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-58f525d66d718c53f2f878c0828ca819-c

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

It is not just that only people from states which are more in line of firing from enemy join army. There are thousands each year from Maharashtra too who join all three branches of military. In fact, in Western Maharashtra there are a couple of villages in which, young men from each and every family serve in the army. Also, it is slightly wrong to say that South Indians do not join army, they do in large numbers, but due to their inherent inclination, they are see more in technical and medical branches as Sunil mentioned. My father was in Air Force and so have seen this kind of categorisation. Even now when I sometimes accompany my mother to the military hospital, I see that majority of the doctors are from South and Maharashtra while 99% nurses are from South India.

I was talking about the situation during the 65 Indo - pak war . After Kargil and free press ,things have changed ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.