Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Its a good thing than an influential celebrity like Julia Roberts has embraced the Hindu religion. Hindu religion indeed has solutions to all the problems and answers to all your questions, provided you understand it well without any prejudices or biases that may cloud your judgement![/quote]

If you think straight and without prejudice, you get solutions to your problems. You need not follow any religion for the purpose. The essence of ideal human behavior is just one simple sentence- Do to others as you would be done by.

The reciting of shlokas and mantras and going to temple is mere gimmick and has no meaning. Even the Pujaris and Pandits do not know meaning of these and chant like parrots.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan wrote:
[quote]If you think straight and without prejudice, you get solutions to your problems. You need not follow any religion for the purpose. The essence of ideal human behavior is just one simple sentence- Do to others as you would be done by.

The reciting of shlokas and mantras and going to temple is mere gimmick and has no meaning. Even the Pujaris and Pandits do not know meaning of these and chant like parrots. [/quote]

With reference to your first sentence, it is not always that easy to find answers, there has to be some methodology or guidelines to help you search for answers. Agreed the answers are within you but religion helps you find them.

Your second sentence is again a matter of personal choice and belief! Though it has been proved many times that reciting certain mantras and shlokas are beneficial and are known to work miracles (within reason of course) I am not talking about so-called chamatkars!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Julia roberts has converted to hinduism in the hope of having a peaceful life in her next incarnation....she regularly visits temples with her family to chant,pray and celebrate"

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thats a good information. I dont how she got fascinated with Hindu
Since we Indians have achieved unmatched peace of mind and tolerance levels through following and practicing all this all our lives western world is expected to follow this.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Gulshan wrote:
[quote]If you think straight and without prejudice, you get solutions to your problems. You need not follow any religion for the purpose. The essence of ideal human behavior is just one simple sentence- Do to others as you would be done by.

The reciting of shlokas and mantras and going to temple is mere gimmick and has no meaning. Even the Pujaris and Pandits do not know meaning of these and chant like parrots. [/quote]

With reference to your first sentence, it is not always that easy to find answers, there has to be some methodology or guidelines to help you search for answers. Agreed the answers are within you but religion helps you find them.

Your second sentence is again a matter of personal choice and belief! Though it has been proved many times that reciting certain mantras and shlokas are beneficial and are known to work miracles (within reason of course) I am not talking about so-called chamatkars!![/quote]

Kalyani- shlokas or hymns in Sanskrit, Latin English or in any language are just combination of same alphabets. Certain arrangement may give musical affect and appeal to ears. But the essence is not in words. This lies in meaning. All living beings- men, animals, plants live in the same environment and solutions are same. We may find solutions independent of religion. We need not tie ourselves to particular religion. Change of religion from Hindu to Christian or vice versa does not give much meaning. Change is however interesting. Just as you change your food menu from time to time, some may find pleasure in changing religious custom or practice. The celebrity was bored with church. so for a change, she has decided to go to temple. This is only so much and no more.

Gulshan wrote:
[quote]Kalyani- shlokas or hymns in Sanskrit, Latin English or in any language are just combination of same alphabets. Certain arrangement may give musical affect and appeal to ears. But the essence is not in words. This lies in meaning. All living beings- men, animals, plants live in the same environment and solutions are same. We may find solutions independent of religion. We need not tie ourselves to particular religion. Change of religion from Hindu to Christian or vice versa does not give much meaning. Change is however interesting. Just as you change your food menu from time to time, some may find pleasure in changing religious custom or practice. The celebrity was bored with church. so for a change, she has decided to go to temple. This is only so much and no more.[/quote]

Gulshan, it is true that the sholkas or hymns in whichever language are combination of alphabets. But it has been scientifically proved that the way in which those words are pronounced, the sounds used, in high pitch or low pitch, produce a range of vibrations around you that purifies the air and releases positive energy. I am sure you believe in the phenomenon of physical aura and energy radiations. The concept is exactly the same, only the words have to be pronounced correctly.

In Sanskrit, this is called "Aghatas" which if followed correctly are beneficial, otherwise they are useless.

With regards to Julia Roberts, no comment, it is her personal choice after all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani referred affect of pronunciation of shlokas in particular way. I am not aware of Sanskrit grammar and way of pronouncing. I mentioned that there may be musical affect of alphabets arranged in particular way. "Aghatas"- the term used may also be some sort of musical affect. Rightly stated that Julia Roberts has personal choice. We all have personal choice.

I thank Kalyani for taking pains to give in depth response.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.