It is obvious that best singers/ dancers can be selected only by experts and not by others. These days we find trend of various TV organizers asking people to send SMS for selecting particular singers.

Recently, we witnessed at Agra campaingn to SMS for agra based dancers namely Sparsh and Rakesh maini.

Here the question is how can best dancers and singers can be selected on basis of such SMS. The SMS are sent for supporting candidate belonging to region and not on merits. We had already regionalist tendency in politics. It is ironic that regionalism is being introduced by even in such contests. Many people send SMS even without appreciating merit of the performers or even without watching TV at all.

There should be some sanity. The selection should be only by experts on merit only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with you Gulshan. SMS can not decide the talent as most of the SMS are based on regional feeling.. Initially
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]I agree with you Gulshan. SMS can not decide the talent as most of the SMS are based on regional feeling.. Initially[/quote]

Rajani- We had seen similar campaign for seven wonders some time back. There was a campaign for selecting Taj Mahal. Even if you had never seen Taj Mahal not to speak of other buildings/ wonders in the world, you were supposed to vote Taj through SMS. Besides promoting regionalism, these gimmicks aim at adding revenue to the telecoms companies and organizers.

Yes gulshan-I agree with you that experts only need to judge. Asking ppl to SMS has become a fashion.

I dont know about dancing but singers, and even cinema directors etc are being judged by this method, which may lead to biased results and ,as you said, additional revenue to the telecom companies
I THINK ITS WRONG TO DECIDE/JUDGE THE TALENT ON SMS BASE............AGREE RAJANI THAT SMS CANNOT ALONE DECIDE THE TALENT...
I do not agree with you gulshan, We are feeling free to express our ideas whether its gud or bad through SMS. It is like our country election
Sajeetharan that is why we are still not able to elect a good minister or ruling person..However i think talent is not the one who got good voting..It is somewhat a wrong way.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]I do not agree with you gulshan, We are feeling free to express our ideas whether its gud or bad through SMS. It is like our country election[/quote]

It may be okay to express your opinion through SMS. My objection is to campaign for sending SMS blindly to promote somebody from your region. I do not object to genuine SMS for voting a singer/ dancer. But if you do not even watch performance of the particular person and others and just vote on SMS only for sake of promoting your region's artist, this is sheer regionalism and unacceptable. At Agra, there are posters asking people to send SMS for RAKESH MAINI. How far will you agree that Agra people vote for this particular artist without forming an opinion by carefully evaluating performance of all contestants.

gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]I do not agree with you gulshan, We are feeling free to express our ideas whether its gud or bad through SMS. It is like our country election[/quote]

It may be okay to express your opinion through SMS. My objection is to campaign for sending SMS blindly to promote somebody from your region. I do not object to genuine SMS for voting a singer/ dancer. But if you do not even watch performance of the particular person and others and just vote on SMS only for sake of promoting your region's artist, this is sheer regionalism and unacceptable. At Agra, there are posters asking people to send SMS for RAKESH MAINI. How far will you agree that Agra people vote for this particular artist without forming an opinion by carefully evaluating performance of all contestants.[/quote]

I think this year it is much better as from one mobile only one vote is considered..The voting system in Indian Idol is little bit restricted..

The judges are better to give opinion and inorder to stop unfair voting ..both the opinion of judges and public should be considered which should be not disclosed till the round finish..Also judges should not known public opinion and similarly public should not know judges votes..If such strict rules followed maybe there will be some meaning for talent shows..
Its a good news, people sending sms without watching tv or the performer's merit is bit pathetic.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.