Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, you can install both operating systems on same system.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala wrote:
[quote]Yes, you can install both operating systems on same system.[/quote]
Won't it it disturb the proper functioning of my system? From where can I get the OS installation CD?
Well sarala and Amar though it is possible to install both linux and Window on same system..there is risk for getting crash easily...due to file system they follow..So dont experiement by installing both at one time.
Rajani I already installed and even worked also,while installing we need to take precautionary that is we need to manage the space of the computer, i mean memory,But there is one drawback, if u wanna formate one drive it will effect all the drives and both os will be erases.I hope you got your answer Aman.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Well sarala and Amar though it is possible to install both linux and Window on same system..there is risk for getting crash easily...due to file system they follow..So dont experiement by installing both at one time.[/quote]
Rajani, My name is Aman and not Amar, N not R. Please do wrie my correct name. It's a request. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
@Rajani:
@Sarala:
I don't think formating one drive will effect other drives. I am using both the OS - XP and Ubuntu, i have even formated my XP drives almost 10-15 times. Its just once you format the XP drives, the kernel hides the Ubuntu location, so the user wont be able to access the left out OS, thats generally called as GRUB error. You need to relocate the hard drive location on which you have installed the Ubuntu or Linux operating system.
first of all no OS is safe. microsoft windows has just more viruses due to the written code. Mac only has 8 KNOWN viruses. Linux has less than all above

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
yes, you can use both the os in the same system ,am using Windows xp and ubuntu...
Linux is by default run at a more secure permission level than Windows. As long as you run as a regular user, malware can not install on the root unless you tell it to. Linux ask for permission before anything is installed whereas a Windows box does not unless you set up limited user accounts first :) :)
I think it is the people who safe guard this linux by contributing their own.So there is no chance of intrudants like viruses.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.