Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It doesnt matter if you have garden space or not, you still can make compost at home using earthenware pots , this way even the garbage problem we see in cities will be solved since most of the kitchen waste is being converted into compost...

Guys I'm expecting a lot of threads from you all since it is a very impotant topic to be discussed.

Why dont you begin by adding some information on the important topic yourself ? :)

I have added few points earlier. Ok. Let me share something now. Now a days, many manures and fertilizers are beign used for cultivation. Most of these have harmful effects. Some fertilizers need to be banned.For all these, composit is a better solution for a healthier society.

Yes that is the whole idea of making compost at home so that we are using the natural products that nature provides. It is the healthier and cheaper option for any plant and especially for those grown in flower pots . There is a lot of satisfaction and happiness in making your own compost at home and growing healthy plants. And going by the fact that plants need to be re-potted at least once in 18 months or in some cases 2 years, making your own compost is quite economical.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

AAA+ battery is a good for soil - I did not know this . Kya idea diya hai friend.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: usha manohar
AAA+ battery is a good for soil - I did not know this . Kya idea diya hai friend.

I am happy to inform you that I have decided to make composit this weejend. You guys can give me valuable suggestions.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Ushaji you are correct regarding the composition of a compost. Just remember that your compost should not contain any plastic material or polythin bags. It makes soil poisonous.

Yes that's correct :) , we have to take care not to have any plastic material while making compost at home .I was told by a horticulturist that one can add a couple of old small AAA or AA batteries that we use and throw...this is supposed to be good for soil and also add all tablets and pills that are past the date..

I have used expired medicines but never heard of using old batteries. That's a great way of recycling the batteries as well, have you ever used it? And how to use them, like just throw the batteries in the whole pile and then remove the shells after the compost is done??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am happy to inform you that I have decided to make composit this weejend. You guys can give me valuable suggestions.

Well, to start with, get a huge Earthern pot and some soil. The pot to make the culture and the soil to layer with the food and kitchen waste! :)

Well, to start with, get a huge Earthern pot and some soil. The pot to make the culture and the soil to layer with the food and kitchen waste! :)

Congrats for giving valuable tips. Shall I add Expired medicines and batteries?

I wouldn't recommend adding them in the beginning stages because the decomposition process takes some time , so start with adding waste food and veggie, fruit peels etc. that has been cut finely between layers of soils. Give it a week or two and then add those medicines and batteries in later layers. You need to give time for decomposition process to start and also make sure that the layers remain moist, so sprinkle water over it if you find it dry. Hope this helps.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I wouldn't recommend adding them in the beginning stages because the decomposition process takes some time , so start with adding waste food and veggie, fruit peels etc. that has been cut finely between layers of soils. Give it a week or two and then add those medicines and batteries in later layers. You need to give time for decomposition process to start and also make sure that the layers remain moist, so sprinkle water over it if you find it dry. Hope this helps.

Ok this weekend I will start the process. I will let you know once when it is completed.

Ushaji you are correct regarding the composition of a compost. Just remember that your compost should not contain any plastic material or polythin bags. It makes soil poisonous.

Yes that's correct :) , we have to take care not to have any plastic material while making compost at home .I was told by a horticulturist that one can add a couple of old small AAA or AA batteries that we use and throw...this is supposed to be good for soil and also add all tablets and pills that are past the date..

I have used expired medicines but never heard of using old batteries. That's a great way of recycling the batteries as well, have you ever used it? And how to use them, like just throw the batteries in the whole pile and then remove the shells after the compost is done??

How did you used the expired medicines? Did you dissolve them in water before putting them in the soil or did you simply threw it in the soil? Do you have any idea of whether every kinds of medicine can be used? I mean there are some medicines which are considered very strong.

In fact kalyani, whenever I have a used battery, I just stick into one of the pots, just dig out the top soil and place it under it, it decomposes and mixes with the soil.It is supposed to be very good for pest attack - I mean to prevent pests from attacking the plant..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.