For comedians

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is extremely popular among comedians and satirists. Here are a few paraprosdokian sentences:

I asked god for a bike, but I know god doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......read the link
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1101225/jsp/opinion/story_13334370.jsp
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thank you Rajesh,I never know about the paraprosdokian. Now I understood clearly about this.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Rajesh thanks for sharing such delightful information. I did not know about paraprosdokian but reading the examples in such crisp and fresh style typical to Khushwant Singh, its easy to understand and is refreshing as well!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I thank you so much for such as useful information on entirely a new phrase "paraprosdokian".
very nice piece of information shared in detail. Thanks for sharing.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.