I am extremely uncomfortable watching children taking part in all those adult song dance routines ...Today morning while flicking channels I came across a show called Jhalak Dikla ja, am not sure what channel it was on, but stopped to see Madhuri Dixit one of my favorite actress ...two children were dancing for film songs, one of the child was Darsheel who acted in Taare zameen par and the girl was also probably a child artiste.Of course all the judges including Madhuri , were in full praise for the energetic performance..
I see parents encouraging this trend everywhere , children mimicking Mallika Sherawat ,Rakhi Sawant :blush: and other item girls even lifting skirts thigh high on the stage to make it realistic ... :unsure: parents grinning from ear to ear, clapping away to glory ...
Is this a healthy trend or am I being old fashioned not moving with the times bollywoood style :dry: I know that change is a necessary part of life but...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You can see the result as there are millions at the gate of selection comity of such live shows where as there are polling booths waiting for voters to come and fulfill their duty. This is reflecting in the new generation what we have in store for us. This is sheer exploitation of children in the name of art and culture. While I see a child of 6 weeping in disappointment if not selected for next stage looks so frustrating and funny some times.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I do watch the show and the performances by the child pair. But have never seen any of such kind when I felt that was not appropriate for children to perform. Though there have been some such performances that were not apt in some other shows and every time the judges have pointed it out. The main responsibility goes to the parent of grooming their child with the skills without letting them into unhealthy habits.

Live in the present :)
Dance, drama and mimicking are arts. If a child can do it well, we give them credit for the art and never teach them to become like that. These two are different. Be open minded and let children show their talents. Don't suppress their feelings. They are immature enough to understand the meaning of songs and character of actors or actresses in the movies.
You can see the result as there are millions at the gate of selection comity of such live shows where as there are polling booths waiting for voters to come and fulfill their duty. This is reflecting in the new generation what we have in store for us. This is sheer exploitation of children in the name of art and culture. While I see a child of 6 weeping in disappointment if not selected for next stage looks so frustrating and funny some times.

Thats very true sunil, in my own school while getting the program ready last week for Independence day , we had to cacel out almost all the dances since they wanted to do a disco kind of dance with shorts and tiny tops for Vande Mataram and a hotch potch of all patriotic songs...and believe it or not the parents all wanted it ...We had to make some changes and give in ! :ohmy:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dance, drama and mimicking are arts. If a child can do it well, we give them credit for the art and never teach them to become like that. These two are different. Be open minded and let children show their talents. Don't suppress their feelings. They are immature enough to understand the meaning of songs and character of actors or actresses in the movies.

Yes that is the problem, they are too young to understand the meaning of what they are doing. but the way they are gyrating their limbs isn't a form of any art. I would suggest to limit their talent to certain norms of decency. Although I have nothing to loose personally but I can see the future of this country in them. As we all know what we learn today comes in handy tomorrow

This is an issue that I seriously am concerned with, a couple of my own nieces and nephews are the ones often seen dancing on various stages, a feeble attempt at getting into some or other TV show, but for lack of talent they are unable to get a platform. What's more, there parents are very much enthusiastic about it and are doing everything possible to give that platform to their children. Sadly, the ones that we see on TV can be called anything but real talented. all they are doing is gyrating and moving to music the children don't understand and is too debauch and unsuitable for their age. Bollywood style dances for children?? what are parents thinking here?

When I see a 6-7 year-old girl trying to gyrate to unsavoury music, trying to be a wannabe Mallika or Katrina, all I feel is anger towards the parents! :angry: It looks very cheap and many times, all it does is titillate the senses of the viewers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is okay to develop talent in children. Yet there are better ways to develop their talent. why encourage them to perform songs and dances that have adult content.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes I have seen the dance of both these child artists they really dance well in the show and get lots of appreciation from the judges as well as the audience.But what's wrong in it may be the parents understand the talent of their kids so they encourage them to take part in these reality shows and I find nothing wrong in it as they get an opportunity to get some acting roles in films/serials.I remember Anandi of Balika Vadhu who was a child artist but after growing up she is appearing in serials. :)

I fully agree with you that it is nothing but the exploitation of the children. Children should be a symbol of innocence so I find it very sad to see them being made to act like an adult. Sometimes watching them I even wonder whether the rising number of cases of pedophile and child molestation is somehow related to them?? :unsure: :unsure:
Yes I have seen the dance of both these child artists they really dance well in the show and get lots of appreciation from the judges as well as the audience.But what's wrong in it may be the parents understand the talent of their kids so they encourage them to take part in these reality shows and I find nothing wrong in it as they get an opportunity to get some acting roles in films/serials.I remember Anandi of Balika Vadhu who was a child artist but after growing up she is appearing in serials. :)

You know SJ, I have seen many child artists right from Honey Irani to Baby Naaz and Sachin to .... forget it there is a long list who started as child artists and ended up doing the job of extras. You now what, once they taste a little success on any screen they forget about every thing else and leave apart a few exceptions all others have no choice to carry on because they did not take proper education in any other field.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.