The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I like almost all songs of Kishore Kumar. They has sung mostly the hit songs. He was different and talented singer.
I like almost all songs of Kishore Kumar. They has sung mostly the hit songs. He was different and talented singer.

he belongs to your state.
can you say a few words about his Bengali film career or add a few Bengali songs?

Meera sandhu

he belongs to your state.
can you say a few words about his Bengali film career or add a few Bengali songs?

Though he was a Bengali, all his life was spent in Mumbai as his elder brother Ashok was a Mega star here during those days and acted in many memorable films like Achut kanya with legendary Devika Rani. In those days Kishore lived with his brother Ashok kumar. He was discovered by Anil Biswas. He acted in some Bengal films. I have seen a picture named 'Luko Churi' ( I;m not sure of the spelling). At the same time, he used to record Bengali songs during Pujas (Durga Pooja) with his first wife Ruma Guhathakurta . In Mumbai his first Hindi film was 'Naukri"
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Kishore Kumars first Hindi film was Shikari in 1946, in which his brother Ashok Kumar played the lead role and his fist film as a leading man was Andolan in 1951...

A very young Kishore Kumar in the 1951 film Andolan..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9200]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Yes Kishore had his own unique style of acting in movies. His comedy style was different from others. Most of his movies of the good old days were hits.

Mala Jaiswar
Kishore Kumars first Hindi film was Shikari in 1946, in which his brother Ashok Kumar played the lead role and his fist film as a leading man was Andolan in 1951...

it seems you are a wikipedia of old Bollywood :P

Meera sandhu

As you say wikipedia is always there to refer and I make use of it... :P

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

caught a thief red handed :P :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

Really? I thought wikipedia was referred by everyone , so no question of stealing since I too have at some time or the other added some facts to it..one can always do that at any time :cheer:

Really? I thought wikipedia was referred by everyone , so no question of stealing since I too have at some time or the other added some facts to it..one can always do that at any time :cheer:

i was just kidding :P

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.