Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Mughle Azam was a good period movie although its not all time great for me. Maybe historical or impractical affairs are not my idea of a movie. I for myself would go for 'Chalti ka nam gadi' as my choice of evergreen any day.

Chalati ka naam gadi- is a funny movie. I also like such movies. Another movie is 'Badhati ka naam dadhi' .

When a movie is adjudged as ‘All time great”, all the branches of movie making are taken in to consideration. Movies are ‘make believe’ art forms. The question of reality and practicality will never arise. Additionally, the movies you mentioned are comedy based. Only the ‘humour’ part has been taken into consideration. Where as in the case of Mughal-E- Azam, all the aspects related to movie production are taken in to consideration before it’s adjudged as “All time Great.”

That is what I meant. Mere funny movies like Chalati Ka naam gaadi, badhati ka naam dadhi, Pyaar kiye ja ke not be all time great movies.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That is perhaps persona choice, I can list maybe 50 as great as 'Mughle Azam' lik e Naya Dour, Madhumati, Pyasa, Pakizah, Mera naam joker and the list goes on but I do not want to make it a controversial issue. I accept the decision on whatever has been declared all time great. The movie I mentioned was my personal choice only. Yes Pyar kiye ja is one such movies along with Padosan, Victoria 203, Kal aaj our kal etc etc.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That is perhaps persona choice, I can list maybe 50 as great as 'Mughle Azam' lik e Naya Dour, Madhumati, Pyasa, Pakizah, Mera naam joker and the list goes on but I do not want to make it a controversial issue. I accept the decision on whatever has been declared all time great. The movie I mentioned was my personal choice only. Yes Pyar kiye ja is one such movies along with Padosan, Victoria 203, Kal aaj our kal etc etc.

Sir, selection of best movie can never be controversial. Opinions differ. I may only say that some movie is best according to me or some actor/ actress is best. My choice may differ from others. This is no controversy. Such choices are personal. Of the movies mentioned by you, I feel that Pakeeza and Mera naam joker are also suitable for clubbing with best movies. Similarly about actors, the choice of best actor would differ. This is a matter of personal liking, disliking and taste.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Mughle Azam was a good period movie although its not all time great for me. Maybe historical or impractical affairs are not my idea of a movie. I for myself would go for 'Chalti ka nam gadi' as my choice of evergreen any day.

Chalti ka nam gadi and Mughley Azam are different flavour film. So we can't compare these. Chalti ka nam gadi is commedy film and Mughle Azam is love story.

Chalti ka nam gadi and Mughley Azam are different flavour film. So we can't compare these. Chalti ka nam gadi is commedy film and Mughle Azam is love story.

But why a comedy movie cannot be a good choice for a best movie or we are not suppose to be humor loving guys! I have said in my earlier replies there is nothing wrong with the selection but that was my personal choice only as I rate comedy over period movies especially imaginary romantic stories which left to nothing if you take music and dances out of them. Mugle Azam is more famous for its making value, money spent, costly sets and personal performances. I have no objection if they selected it as greatest of them all. Makes no difference to me.

But why a comedy movie cannot be a good choice for a best movie or we are not suppose to be humor loving guys! I have said in my earlier replies there is nothing wrong with the selection but that was my personal choice only as I rate comedy over period movies especially imaginary romantic stories which left to nothing if you take music and dances out of them. Mugle Azam is more famous for its making value, money spent, costly sets and personal performances. I have no objection if they selected it as greatest of them all. Makes no difference to me.

In my earlier posts. I mentioned that the criteria for deciding a Film’s greatness is not a single factor, but a combination of all the factors related to craft of Film making. Comedy is just one factor of film making.
Thank you said by: suni51

In my earlier posts. I mentioned that the criteria for deciding a Film’s greatness is not a single factor, but a combination of all the factors related to craft of Film making. Comedy is just one factor of film making.

Comedy is just one factor of film making that takes all other factors to make a movie. :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.