Many old films with a suspense theme had melodies picturised on ghosts or ladies pretending to be ghosts.They were all melodious and we remember them to this day...The trend has disappearded now with fast paced action films being the norm ...
Naina Bharse rimjhim rimjhim from Woh Kaun thi , Gumnaam hai koyi from Gumnaan and Kahin deep jhale kahin dil from Bees saal baad are some of the most popular and well known haunting melodies..please add on your own favorite haunting melodies

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10785]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I add "Aajare Pardesi Main To Kab se khadi Is Paar " from Madhumati.

Aayaga Aanewaala from Mahal

Both classics ! Not many were picturised on male actors although there are two that I can remember offhand 'Sau baar janam lenge from Ustadon ke ustad and Akela hoon mein humsafar dhoondtha hoon from Jaal....both in Rafi's voice and very hauntingly melodious !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I remember a very old song- Tumhe zindagi ke ujale mubarak andhere hamen aaj raas aa gaye hain.- Another song pictured on Dilip Kumar is- Guzare hain ham us mukam se nafarat si ho gayi hai mohabbat ke nam se. Still another from the movie 'aadami', again on Dilip Kumar- Na aadami ka koi bharosa na zindagi ka koi thikana dawea ke badle zahar dedo.'

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Both classics ! Not many were picturised on male actors although there are two that I can remember offhand 'Sau baar janam lenge from Ustadon ke ustad and Akela hoon mein humsafar dhoondtha hoon from Jaal....both in Rafi's voice and very hauntingly melodious !

Sau baar janam lenge is my favorite too!!! Also the one from Gumnam, 'Gumnam hai koi'....

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Many old films with a suspense theme had melodies picturised on ghosts or ladies pretending to be ghosts.They were all melodious and we remember them to this day...The trend has disappearded now with fast paced action films being the norm ...
Naina Bharse rimjhim rimjhim from Woh Kaun thi , Gumnaam hai koyi from Gumnaan and Kahin deep jhale kahin dil from Bees saal baad are some of the most popular and well known haunting melodies..please add on your own favorite haunting melodies

So bar janam lengey so bad fanna hongey, (Mr. X in Bomaby)
I remember a very old song- Tumhe zindagi ke ujale mubarak andhere hamen aaj raas aa gaye hain.- Another song pictured on Dilip Kumar is- Guzare hain ham us mukam se nafarat si ho gayi hai mohabbat ke nam se. Still another from the movie 'aadami', again on Dilip Kumar- Na aadami ka koi bharosa na zindagi ka koi thikana dawea ke badle zahar dedo.'

Are they all haunting songs ? There is a song in Aadmi 'Aaj purani rahon mein... which has a haunting quality to it...

So bar janam lengey so bad fanna hongey, (Mr. X in Bomaby)

Not from Mr X in Bombay but from the film 'Ustadon ke Ustad ' and it is picturised on actress Shakeela and Pradeep Kumar...

Thank you said by: anil
From old haunted Hindi movies, my favourite is Gumnam, though it is not a haunted one, one of my favorite haunted movie is "Kohraa". In this re-imagining of Du Maurier's Rebecca, a recently wed woman discovers the ghost of her husband's first wife still haunts their home. Starring Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman, Lalita Pawar This movie is based on famous English novel "Rebecca" .

The song "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" of "Kohra" is my favourite among Bollywood haunted classics melodies.

http://mohanmekap.com/

From old haunted Hindi movies, my favourite is Gumnam, though it is not a haunted one, one of my favorite haunted movie is "Kohraa". In this re-imagining of Du Maurier's Rebecca, a recently wed woman discovers the ghost of her husband's first wife still haunts their home. Starring Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman, Lalita Pawar This movie is based on famous English novel "Rebecca" .

The song "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" of "Kohra" is my favourite among Bollywood haunted classics melodies.

Kohra was a beautiful film with great songs composed by Hemant Kumar, I too like Jhoom jhoom dhalti raat...been well picturised as well, quite spooky when you watch Waheeda Rehman following the song..

Sau baar janam lenge is my favorite too!!! Also the one from Gumnam, 'Gumnam hai koi'....

Gumnaam was an excellent film loosely based on Agatha Christies And then there were none....
A few more songs that come to my mind..
Aaja re ,,,tujh bin piya udhas re - Poonam ki raat
Kho chuki hai sanam teri talash mein - teri talash mein
Tujhko pukare mera pyar - Neel Kamal

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.