Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I wonder why religious sentiments are hurt so easily. If you dispute some economic theory, nobody's sentiment is hurt. If you criticize Einstein's theory, no sentiment is hurt. Even if you say two plus two make five, mathematician's feelings are not hurt. In fact, what is false and irrational always gets hurt.

Belief plays a pivotal role in both religion and science . While belief in religion is due to lack of logic and rationality, belief in science is based on logic and rationality. They can be proved . Whereas,religion's veracity cannot be proved because it lacks logic and rationality. Owing to this reason sentiments of religious believers get hurt.
It is difficult to say when you cause offense to religion. Obviously, Salman Khan could also not. Depiction of religious concept of paradise and hell landed him in trouble.

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news/hyderabad-police-book-salman-insulting-religion-124804069.html
Now Aijyaz commented on BJP PM candidate Modi and case was registered against him, sometimes, it is essential not to cross the limit of boundary as once Ravan in mythological era crossed Laxman Rekha and ultimately it spelled doom for his kingdom.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I wonder why religious sentiments are hurt so easily. If you dispute some economic theory, nobody's sentiment is hurt. If you criticize Einstein's theory, no sentiment is hurt. Even if you say two plus two make five, mathematician's feelings are not hurt. In fact, what is false and irrational always gets hurt.

Exactly! And one thing everyone forgets is that most religions be it, Hindu, Islam, Christianity etc. are very old religions and have survived all travesties of fate and still remain alive with enormous numbers of followers in each religion! How can any of these or other religions be hurt in any manner by such trivial things? If people of respective religions claim that their sentiments have been hurt due to such situations, then I think they themselves have very little faith in their own religion!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think it is the society and the politicians who whip up religious sentiments so that they can make some gains...Otherwise , what is wrong in criticising religion and religious practices? People do have the right to do so and sometimes it may not be lijed by the others! Hinduism gets criticied s much by its own followers but one cannot book people each time they open their mouth !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think it is the society and the politicians who whip up religious sentiments so that they can make some gains...Otherwise , what is wrong in criticising religion and religious practices? People do have the right to do so and sometimes it may not be lijed by the others! Hinduism gets criticied s much by its own followers but one cannot book people each time they open their mouth !

True...actually all religions preach tolerance towards their own religion as well as other religions. It also is necessary to accept criticism in a healthy manner and there are some examples who indeed exhibit tolerance to criticism from others. But it is the politicians in India who have used religion as means of attracting voters and also as a two-edged weapon, wielding it as per their own convenience!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.