Sholey is most popular movie of the last century. There are still many unknown facts about making of this grand movie. Just see:

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-slideshow/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-photo-1387454450754.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sholey is most popular movie of the last century. There are still many unknown facts about making of this grand movie. Just see:

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-slideshow/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-photo-1387454450754.html

This magnum opus of the century had many records to its credit. Behind its huge success, the single most important reason was as given in the link you gave is the entire unit's meticulous discipline. The link says, all the unit members were given the details about the shot scheduled for the next day on the previous day itself. All the members religiously followed it all along the shooting. Ab woh discipline kahan hai saheb ?
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

It is a stupendous success, many person's career developed from it, all characters are iconic, we cannot determine the real reason of super success, as the same director directed Shan few years later and it drubbed in box office, so there is no recipe for success as it happens when no one except it.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is a stupendous success, many person's career developed from it, all characters are iconic, we cannot determine the real reason of super success, as the same director directed Shan few years later and it drubbed in box office, so there is no recipe for success as it happens when no one except it.

Discipline is the reason for success, not only for sholay, for any successful movie or to that matter any venture in life. If the same directer failed in some other picture, the obvious reason is absence of discipline, which has disappeared from the cinema industry.in the link given, has emphasized how discipline was effectively implemented.
Really unforgettable and interesting things.
Sholey film always shows that "True Hardwork get true success"

Be positive
If I am not mistaken Sholay also paved the way for Dharmendra - Hema Malimi love story and brought Jaya Bhaduri and Amitabh Bachan together ! I have visited the place it was shot at Ramnagar outside Bangalore many years after it was released and the entire village set was donated by Ramesh sippy to the state government , The entire area is very scenic with rocky mountains !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If I am not mistaken Sholay also paved the way for Dharmendra - Hema Malimi love story and brought Jaya Bhaduri and Amitabh Bachan together ! I have visited the place it was shot at Ramnagar outside Bangalore many years after it was released and the entire village set was donated by Ramesh sippy to the state government , The entire area is very scenic with rocky mountains !

You are right. Many funny incidents took place during its shooting. It was a scene,where Dharmendra teaches Hema how to shoot with a gun. Dharmendra bribed the light boy to commit a mistake again and again so that the director would call for a retake. The intention of Dharmendra was to hold Hema again and again..
Yes. Sholay shooting paved the way for marriages of the two pairs Dharam-Hema and Amit-Jaya.

Actually, I think Jaya and Amitabh came together after Janjir and were already married during Sholay. In many scenes, it is said that Jaya is obviously looking pregnant with Shweta, I looked hard but could not find that! But I am sure they were already married during Sholay!

Usha, is that place somewhere near Somanahalli outside Bangalore? I have been to Somanahalli for a rock climbing camp at Natraj Gurukul and Adventure Academy in Somanahalli in my second year at college! And this place too abounds with a large number of huge boulders!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sholey is all time hit movies and all these unknown facts are also interesting.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Actually, I think Jaya and Amitabh came together after Janjir and were already married during Sholay. In many scenes, it is said that Jaya is obviously looking pregnant with Shweta, I looked hard but could not find that! But I am sure they were already married during Sholay!

Usha, is that place somewhere near Somanahalli outside Bangalore? I have been to Somanahalli for a rock climbing camp at Natraj Gurukul and Adventure Academy in Somanahalli in my second year at college! And this place too abounds with a large number of huge boulders!

You may be right Kalyani, I guess Amitabh and Jaya were already married at that time...Ramnagar is on Mysore Road about 60 kms from Bangalore.You cannot miss it since the road passes through all those rocky hills and it looks really very scenic.. I too have gone rock climbing and camping at Somana halli during my college days :) , that is on kanakapur Road which is actually parallel to Mysore road...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You may be right Kalyani, I guess Amitabh and Jaya were already married at that time...Ramnagar is on Mysore Road about 60 kms from Bangalore.You cannot miss it since the road passes through all those rocky hills and it looks really very scenic.. I too have gone rock climbing and camping at Somana halli during my college days :) , that is on kanakapur Road which is actually parallel to Mysore road...

Oh wow, you too have gone there? It is really an awesome place, it was founded by a Belgian gentleman who had taken sanyas, he was called Guru Freddie by everyone and he lived in a room that was built around a natural cave! We really used to love listening to him talk about so many things!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.