Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

The Legendary R. K. Laxman was a self made satirist. His forte is Political satire. His favorite bird is Crow. He has drawn innumerable number of Crows.

One of his cartoons that I like immensely is, A serpentine Queue standing before the Ration Shop. A man in the queue posts a letter to his wife through the Post Box, just by the side of the road. An inquisitive person asks him, to whom he has written the letter.. The man replies, " To my wife.  Four days ago I left my home for the Rations. I informed her that I was safe and standing in the Ration queue."

As usual, the Common man looks silently.

It is true we Indian spend some years of our life is queue. Today I read in newspaper that Maharashtra government lift ban from criticism of politicians. Now a cartoonist can scatch cartoon on politician. Real tribute to great cartoonist, R.K. Laxman.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The Legendary R. K. Laxman was a self made satirist. His forte is Political satire. His favorite bird is Crow. He has drawn innumerable number of Crows.

One of his cartoons that I like immensely is, A serpentine Queue standing before the Ration Shop. A man in the queue posts a letter to his wife through the Post Box, just by the side of the road. An inquisitive person asks him, to whom he has written the letter.. The man replies, " To my wife.  Four days ago I left my home for the Rations. I informed her that I was safe and standing in the Ration queue."

As usual, the Common man looks silently.

It is true we Indian spend some years of our life is queue. Today I read in newspaper that Maharashtra government lift ban from criticism of politicians. Now a cartoonist can scatch cartoon on politician. Real tribute to great cartoonist, R.K. Laxman.

R.K Laxman is a legend. Legends are forever. He may not be among us today, But his works especially that depicted the stark realities existing in the society through his cartoons like a weapon stay in every Indian's heart.

The world needs more Laxmans.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.