Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya, wish you a very happy Onam and best wishes to you and your family!! Enjoy your holidays!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Sandhya Rani wrote:
Tell me, are you both ready for sack race...
Otherwise come for a sack race.
The game both of you really love will be Sundarikku pottu kuthuka. vadam vali or kalam adi are also Onam games.
Vadam vali..I think it's in all parts of India. See Fevicol-Elephant-rope ad......
Kalam adi......your eyes will be closed with a piece of cloth and given a stick and 3 opportunities to break a pot.
The other game.......putting bindi on Sundari's forehead, your eyes will be closed.

Yes I have taken part in sack race in school days.

Did you? :blink:

Pulling rope from each end by two teams - I think you are saying about this game?

Yes I have played it in school. :)

Am copying it from another thread, as it's a part of Onam celebrations...... :) :) :)

Yes Sanjeev......we call it Vadam vali. But only men participate in it.

What about Sundari and bindi. Do you have similar games?

Meera sandhu
Best greetings on Onam. I think that this is a season festival. There are similar festivals like Bihu in Assam, Baisakhi in Punjab. Please confirm this.

Not similar to Onam, but it is more like Vishu in Kerala and Rongali Bihu in Assam. There is another festival called Maagh Bihu in Assam which is the same as Makar Sankranti in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Best greetings on Onam. I think that this is a season festival. There are similar festivals like Bihu in Assam, Baisakhi in Punjab. Please confirm this.

Not similar to Onam, but it is more like Vishu in Kerala and Rongali Bihu in Assam. There is another festival called Maagh Bihu in Assam which is the same as Makar Sankranti in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka etc.

Makar Sankranthi is celebrated in Kerala also. That month is Makaram. In Sabarimala, we can see Makara Deepam on Makara Sankranthi.

Meera sandhu
Happy Onam to all of the friends here. :)

Just now we celebrated Onam in our company as there are lot of South Indians in our company our owner of the company came here to bless all of us. :)
Today I made an Attam at our cortyard for my kid. Sorry, I can't share its photos with me. It's not a great one....just a simple one for my kid.
I will upload pictures as soon as our file attach option works.

Meera sandhu
Sandhyaji and all other friends Happy Onam. I hope you all will enjoy it a lot. Have fun.
Onam is the state festival of Kerala.So a very special festival for the people of Kerala.So Happy Onam to you Sarala ji.Enjoy your day.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Special programs of Onam are Sadhya (just 1 letter short of Sandhya..hi hi), boat race, sack race, vadam vali, putting bindi on a lady's forehead.....(only picture), vadam vali, kalam adi..., Attam etc

Boat race in Onam. Is this race a part of celebration?

Want to make each day Accountable

Special programs of Onam are Sadhya (just 1 letter short of Sandhya..hi hi), boat race, sack race, vadam vali, putting bindi on a lady's forehead.....(only picture), vadam vali, kalam adi..., Attam etc

Boat race in Onam. Is this race a part of celebration?

Ronark ,Sandhya is in leave for 4-5 days.
You have to wait till that.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.