Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Gulshan

You are absolutely right! As it is the economic dependency and its exploitation by the other side can be only fought off by gaining economic independence.
[quote]You are absolutely right! As it is the economic dependency and its exploitation by the other side can be only fought off by gaining economic independence. [/quote]

Right Chinmoy! But actually what I have seen is that women tend to focus on their image in the society rather than economic independence.

I have seen many women in middle class to upper middle class groups who earn themselves decent salaries but stay in an abusive relationships with their husbands for fear of being ridiculed in the society. These women are very much hesitant to come out and report against their abusive husbands.

Whereas women in lower income groups such as domestic helps etc. straight away leave their abusive husbands and support themselves and their children by working around on manual labours without caring of what the society will say! These women are more forthcoming about their self=esteem and self-respect than the women from higher income groups. Surprising but true!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote][quote]You are absolutely right! As it is the economic dependency and its exploitation by the other side can be only fought off by gaining economic independence. [/quote]

Right Chinmoy! But actually what I have seen is that women tend to focus on their image in the society rather than economic independence.

I have seen many women in middle class to upper middle class groups who earn themselves decent salaries but stay in an abusive relationships with their husbands for fear of being ridiculed in the society. These women are very much hesitant to come out and report against their abusive husbands.

Whereas women in lower income groups such as domestic helps etc. straight away leave their abusive husbands and support themselves and their children by working around on manual labours without caring of what the society will say! These women are more forthcoming about their self=esteem and self-respect than the women from higher income groups. Surprising but true![/quote]

The middle classes are more prone to social inhibitions. Even the employed women fear social repercussions more because of male dominance bias in society. But an economically independent woman has better capacity to fight the male bias.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yeah,that's the painful reality but given to their economic independence and educational backgrounds they are supposed to overcome this inhibition!
I do agree with you Kalyani. The woman should not go back . Woman encourage domestic violence by tolerating the torture.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.