Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Well I was absent for some days so I missed this event but I think corrective action has been taken by the site.[/quote]

The battle still continues, I just deleted two more new spam threads! But let us be vigilant and keep reporting any such activities!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think those spam posts are locked.In first three pages they are not seen now.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote][quote]Legal action is also required if these spams do not end or reduce. T%his could be considered.[/quote]

Gulshan, can it be taken up legally? if yes, then I hope Maverick looks into it! But wouldn't that result into lot of technicalities and complications??[/quote]

There are some very horrible cases of spamming like posting links to vulgar websites in threads not at all related. In extreme cases, legal action may be considered. The action can be taken under Cyber criminal law. I think FIR can be lodged online. This is my suggestion. Webmaster and management can consider feasibility of such action in certain cases.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]There are some very horrible cases of spamming like posting links to vulgar websites in threads not at all related. In extreme cases, legal action may be considered. The action can be taken under Cyber criminal law. I think FIR can be lodged online. This is my suggestion. Webmaster and management can consider feasibility of such action in certain cases. [/quote]

Gulshan, If this kind of spamming continues then the action that you suggested would be the best way to counter it!

Gulashan, Abid,

Thank you for sharing your views on this. It is unfortunate that the spammers do not post these threads using proper channels, they use proxies for making them and hence it is quite difficult to find the real person.

What we can do is blocking such accounts everyday. Though it is tough task we do not have any other action.

Kalyani, thank you for keeping boddunan clean.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

[quote]Gulashan, Abid,

Thank you for sharing your views on this. It is unfortunate that the spammers do not post these threads using proper channels, they use proxies for making them and hence it is quite difficult to find the real person.

What we can do is blocking such accounts everyday. Though it is tough task we do not have any other action.

Kalyani, thank you for keeping boddunan clean. [/quote]

You are welcome Maverick, though it is my job and everyone else's here who thinks boddunan is family! :)

I agree it is really a painful job of looking in to the forum to delete all spams.Three cheers to the team!!! :) :) :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.