The topic is locked.
I want to suggest that Locked thread should be hidden to members or it can be put on some button click means if someone want to see lock thread then he need to click on locked post button so that we will get filtered threads.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Idea of filter thread and locked post button is good. I also support that. I don't agree with the idea of hidding the locked threads. Every member should know why the threads are locked. This is important to avoid repetition of same errors.
Yes this is nice suggestion there is no use of showing locked threads on the main page. They can put them on another page. :)
I agree the suggestion of showing locked threads in another tab, but should never be hidden, because a locked thread doesn't mean it's useless. It can be referred later also. Storing them in a separate tab helps in easy searching of those threads

Meera sandhu
I agree the suggestion of showing locked threads in another tab, but should never be hidden, because a locked thread doesn't mean it's useless. It can be referred later also. Storing them in a separate tab helps in easy searching of those threads

I agree with you, locked threads contain some useful info and moderator's views about it. But if these are under a separate category there is no harm.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with you, locked threads contain some useful info and moderator's views about it. But if these are under a separate category there is no harm.

Yes...locked threads will very soon disappear from front pages and it's not at all easy to locate them after a few days. But if they are provided in a separate tab, any user can refer them easily

Meera sandhu

Yes...locked threads will very soon disappear from front pages and it's not at all easy to locate them after a few days. But if they are provided in a separate tab, any user can refer them easily

Any thread would disappear from the front page if not responded to for a couple of days. But that remains open.

I am not agree with it. The thread is locked when the topics are ended and should not be vanished as may be it bears some good topic.
We can atleast read that.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
While it is true that locked threads cannot be responded to further, but they still need to be visible for all to see what discussion was there in it and why it was locked. If it is simply deleted or put into archives, users searching for specific or similar titles will not be able to see it and many would subsequently post threads on the same topic. So it needs to be there and I totally support the suggestion about such threads being shown in a separate tab.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If so, we shall request admin for a separate tab for locked threads, so that we can refer them easily. Also, poeple won't start similar topics soon as they are already available easily .

Meera sandhu
If so, we shall request admin for a separate tab for locked threads, so that we can refer them easily. Also, poeple won't start similar topics soon as they are already available easily .

That will only make them more open as people would go to read those interesting threads first thing while they will log-in.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.