Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The main point to be considered that there are many factors to achieve success in ones life along with the education. Education alone cannot hit the wall.
The decisions, the versatility, the eagerness, the determination, the connections, the hard work, creativity, entrepreneurial mind, a little luck plus your overall personality add it to your education, these make the key to success.

Aastha Gupta
True, but my view is that all of them are baseless without education..

Even sports persons and many actors take training courses and educate themselves on the various aspects of the trade before making a plunge.
Kartik has stated that primary education is not necessary but higher education is necessary for success. Here is contradiction. You cannot get higher education if you have no primary education. It is possible that you were a weak student in the beginning by gradually improved and were a good student at higher level.

We have to define shat is primary education. To me, primary education means learning Reading, Writing and arithmetic- also called three R. Now we may add computer literacy to the basic primary education.

It is obvious that one get not get higher education without knowledge of reading, writing, arithmetic and basic computer skills.

For success, you need primary education, which is general and common to all plus specialization in relevant field. Here we may divide jobs into unskilled, semi skilled and highly skilled. Higher the skill, more necessary the higher education. You need sound theoretical training and experience in the chosen field. Experience is nothing but practising what you have learned in theory. Practical experience is also part of education.

I conclude that education- formal or informal- primary/ basic and special education in chosen career is must for success.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Aastha- Let me clear misconception about lalu Yadav's education. He has simple style and speaks in chaste Bojpuri. However, he is a law graduate. He has good education. He is not an uneducated successful politician.

@ Gulshan, agreed with your point..

But what about other examples, they are also the good examples of uneducated successful people.

Aastha Gupta
Lohit I agree with you. The only difference is way of expression. For me education consists of not only the theoretical knowledge but also the art of perfectly using the technique.

I wish to add a true story. Some boys were swimming in a river. Uuddenly, they heard cry of a drowning man. They saved him. They asked him his name. They found that the man they saved had a name similar to author of the textbook on swimming. They told this to that man. He told that he is author of the text book. The students were surprised. But the author said- 'My boys. I wrote the book on swimming and you mastered the art by good practice. Alas- I only wrote but did not practise."

Another instance. One friend of mine wanted me to teach him type writing. He just noted down the key board alphabets- ASDFG- QWERT and told me that he would type within a weak. after a weak, he told me that he had learnt. He spoke out the entire key board. But he could not type. His fingers needed the practice and there was no need to learn the key board like a parrot.

Aastha- There are many examples of successful men who had no formal education. But they are exceptions. They have little or no formal education but they make up by keen observation and constant practice. However, they are exceptions. Generally, it is okay to say that education is necessary for success.

@Gulshan, you are very right at your views..
Infact this is the change needed in our education system, theoretical knowledge to be accompanied by practical work, and for those who cannot afford theoretical knowledge, a must and trained practical knowledge is to be given to them, then every person of the society will be successful educated.

Aastha Gupta
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]Aastha- There are many examples of successful men who had no formal education. But they are exceptions. They have little or no formal education but they make up by keen observation and constant practice. However, they are exceptions. Generally, it is okay to say that education is necessary for success.[/quote]

If there are exceptions of the uneducated successful people, then there are exceptions of educated unsuccessful people, the different thing is that they are uncommon people and we hardly come to know about them.
There are many exceptions where a man having degree or properly educated is not having even a job. And also having a job with intermediate salary with education, you cannot say a person is successful.
A very common example is a street food stall which is owned by an computer engineer near my house, he sells burgers because he didn't get any job.

Aastha Gupta
Lohit- You have given good example of illiterate businessman. Apparently, the businessman had good skills in business management obtained through experience- may be hereditary. But still education is a virtue. If some one can do without eye sight, we cannot say that blindness is virtue and eyesight is not necessary. similarly about education.

You mentioned that the businessman retorted that he would be just a manager if he had got education. Here I am reminded of a nice real life story. There was a church boy who would guide the churchgoers to their seats by using torch. One day, the bishop asked him about his education. He told that he was illiterate. The bishop asked him to learn reading and writing if he wanted his job. The boy got annoyed and left the church immediately. But he did not know what to do. He was perplexed. So, he got the urge to smoke. He could not get cigarette anyway. This gave him idea and he opened a tobacco shop. He opened many more shops. One day he went to a bank for loan. He could not sign loan paper. The bank manager was impressed and he said- wonderful- You are so successful. If educated, you would be at top of the world. But the tobacco merchant laughed and said- No sir, if educated, I would still be in church.

But such examples are rare. Even the illiterate business men need educated employees.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.