Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Aastha- I agree. Education is necessary tool for success but it is not necessary that every one can use this or has opportunity to use this tool. Education is mandatory in certain jobs like medicines, engineering. But for many jobs, there is no prescribed qualification, and an uneducated may be more success. But in ultimate analysis, we should consider education not only formal but also informal. Theory and practice both are part of education. some have less formal education but they are good at actual work. They are more practical. There are many educated persons who have less practical experience and lack self confidence.
But in general, education is necessary for success. We cannot advise anyone to avoid getting professional qualification.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Success and education are no where related. Even uneducated people have their own success stories. Success depends on the way the person follow the moral values and social relationships.

http://www.edosy.com

Job openings, career guidance
Lohit- You have raised a very good point about what success constitutes. Success means achievement. Achievers are successful. Achievement may be in any field of human activity- singing, dancing, sports, profession and business. Every activity needs some training- theoretical or practical, formal or informal education. If we take a broader concept of education, which means acquiring and enhancing skill, we conclude that education is essential for success.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I believe that formal education such as University education, really is not the key to success, but it can be used as a good bridge to get there. And again, it depends on how we interpret success. For many people, making money and being prosperous and independent is success, but for many people collecting degrees or have a few titles attached to their names, is what they call success.

I know many young people hold degrees from good universities, but have no idea what they can do with these qualifications. As you probably aware, that there are millions of graduates, don’t even have a jobs. The trouble with this is that they don’t have “the positive work attitude and the hard working nature” in themselves.

They are not independent, they are not adventurous, they are not ambitious, and sadly...they don’t have much to offer apart from their university degree.

Aastha Gupta
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]Kartik has stated that primary education is not necessary but higher education is necessary for success. Here is contradiction. You cannot get higher education if you have no primary education. It is possible that you were a weak student in the beginning by gradually improved and were a good student at higher level.

We have to define shat is primary education. To me, primary education means learning Reading, Writing and arithmetic- also called three R. Now we may add computer literacy to the basic primary education.

It is obvious that one get not get higher education without knowledge of reading, writing, arithmetic and basic computer skills.

For success, you need primary education, which is general and common to all plus specialization in relevant field. Here we may divide jobs into unskilled, semi skilled and highly skilled. Higher the skill, more necessary the higher education. You need sound theoretical training and experience in the chosen field. Experience is nothing but practising what you have learned in theory. Practical experience is also part of education.

I conclude that education- formal or informal- primary/ basic and special education in chosen career is must for success.[/quote]

I partially agree with you, but even now I can say that primary education is not the key for success. They are many people that we come across in our day to day life who have done well at the elementary level and failed to continue their form in higher education and have ended up no way in life. If we see the other way 50% of the present graduates might not be as successful in their elementary school as they are today. The only reason for this primary education is mix up of everything with brief introduction where as higher education is only in one part and the field in which the person has interest.
Karthik wrote:

[quote]I partially agree with you, but even now I can say that primary education is not the key for success. They are many people that we come across in our day to day life who have done well at the elementary level and failed to continue their form in higher education and have ended up no way in life. If we see the other way 50% of the present graduates might not be as successful in their elementary school as they are today. The only reason for this primary education is mix up of everything with brief introduction where as higher education is only in one part and the field in which the person has interest. [/quote]

Karthik primary education is the stepping stone to further education, without primary education you will not have the opportunity to study further.

Aastha wrote:
[quote]They are not independent, they are not adventurous, they are not ambitious, and sadly...they don’t have much to offer apart from their university degree. [/quote]
This is the perfect description of today's youth!!
I would not call them educated even if they have degrees in hand, they are simply literate people who can read and write but no further!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani..Absolutely correct, these type of students are well trained and not well educated.

There are a lot of college graduates who are jobless, underpaid, overqualified, misplaced or simply, for one reason or another, not successful.
It is one's determination, initiative, his fighting spirit to achieve one's goal in life that is really the key to success.

Aastha Gupta
@Aastha, that is so correct!!

"Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions."
-- William Allin

Mere degrees will not help anyone, but perseverance, hard work, ambition, and more importantly accepting your own shortfalls and striving to improve them are crucial!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That was an apt quote..

@Aastha,You quoted an example of a "street food stall which is owned by an computer engineer near my house, he sells burgers because he didn't get any job." But i would definitely say that, with his engineering mind, he would be able to make burgers more fast and efficintly, even hygienic, than others who were in that trade and follow traditional practices.

And true, person with a figthing spirit to acheive the goal in life is the step to success. But how does he do so? with what does he fight? It is via education..

Karthik-Primary education is indeed the stepping stone to secondary/ higer education.. Without learning the basic alphabet, you cannot expect to continue your eduction ..correct?
Well I want to make one point clear, in our primary education i.e. in elementary school we learn various subjects like mathematics, science, social etc. Now my question is if a student want to become a doctor do you think he even need to succeed in social and mathematics? If he is good at science it is sufficient. Percentages in elementary schools are calculated based on the overall performance of all the subjects. If a person gets 90+ in science and if he fails in mathematics or social then he is considered as a failure in that class. The same person if he can master in science in his higher education he can become a Doctor and can stay on top with a complete success.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.