Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is not so in entire India. Deep in South all religions show exemplary tolerance to other religions. In my own state AP Mohurrum is celebrated with religious fervor both by Hindus and Muslims. Hindus taking part in Muslim functions and festivals  and Muslims taking part in Hindu festivals is a treat to watch

I have some good and bad experience in south India esp in your area. Taking part in each others' festivals is one thing but having respect for other religions is not the same in other religions esp in a particular religion. I have heard people talking ugly in every part of the world and your part of the country is no exception. By the way, Muharram is no celebration but mourning by Shias in the name of Hussain. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mourning_of_Muharram

Did you visit Vizianagaram , 60 Km away from Vizag ? There is a famous festival with the name "Sirimanotsavam" a local goddess festival. In this festival even this day Muslims participate and pay their respects in the temple of local goddess. The most amazing part of the festival is Muslims are permitted into the sanctum sanctorum, a feature you rarely come across in these days.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is not so in entire India. Deep in South all religions show exemplary tolerance to other religions. In my own state AP Mohurrum is celebrated with religious fervor both by Hindus and Muslims. Hindus taking part in Muslim functions and festivals  and Muslims taking part in Hindu festivals is a treat to watch

I have some good and bad experience in south India esp in your area. Taking part in each others' festivals is one thing but having respect for other religions is not the same in other religions esp in a particular religion. I have heard people talking ugly in every part of the world and your part of the country is no exception. By the way, Muharram is no celebration but mourning by Shias in the name of Hussain. 

Did you visit Vizianagaram , 60 Km away from Vizag ? There is a famous festival with the name "Sirimanotsavam" a local goddess festival. In this festival even this day Muslims participate and pay their respects in the temple of local goddess. The most amazing part of the festival is Muslims are permitted into the sanctum sanctorum, a feature you rarely come across in these days.

I have visited all districts of South India and Vijaynagaram is one of them. You're right, In olden times some festivals were celebrated together like Diwali and Eid to the extent gifting sweets to each other and congratulating (Some of them still do it). But for last 10 years the scene has entirely changed. I live in an area where Muslims are in majority so who knows it better than me. I was brought up in Lucknow and now live near Meerut. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I have visited all districts of South India and Vijaynagaram is one of them. You're right, In olden times some festivals were celebrated together like Diwali and Eid to the extent gifting sweets to each other and congratulating (Some of them still do it). But for last 10 years the scene has entirely changed. I live in an area where Muslims are in majority so who knows it better than me. I was brought up in Lucknow and now live near Meerut. 

Glad to know that you are globe trotter. But Sunil, I attended Sirimanotsavam in Vizianagaram even last year. It takes place after Dasara evey year. Religious fervor and tolerance remain in tact. In fact I was born and brought up in Vizianagaram til I shifted to Rourkela steel plant in the year 1965. And from there i shifted to Vizag as i have been appointed as the Manager, Vizag steel plant.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Glad to know that you are globe trotter. But Sunil, I attended Sirimanotsavam in Vizianagaram even last year. It takes place after Dasara evey year. Religious fervor and tolerance remain in tact. In fact I was born and brought up in Vizianagaram til I shifted to Rourkela steel plant in the year 1965. And from there i shifted to Vizag as i have been appointed as the Manager, Vizag steel plant.

One of My nephews (he is 26 M.Tech From IIT Roorkee is an Asst Manager in Vizag Steel plant) is asking me constantly to come and visit him. Maybe I will have the opportunity to meet you in Vizag if the program is finalized.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

One of My nephews (he is 26 M.Tech From IIT Roorkee is an Asst Manager in Vizag Steel plant) is asking me constantly to come and visit him. Maybe I will have the opportunity to meet you in Vizag if the program is finalized.

Welcome Munna. Though i left Vizag steel plant, and in advertising, I and my family will receive you with open hands. Just  mail me after you fix your itinerary. I will receive you be it by air or Rail

By and large people in India do not bother too much about religion, it is only when they read something inflammatory that this feeling of hatred comes up...Both Politicians and to a certain extent media which blows things out of proportion are responsible for this. Yesterday I was watching the debate over making June 21st National Yoga Day by the Modi government and everyone  opposed - Muslims because according to them, yoga is hindu and Congress because they want to support the minorities and other parties simply for the sake of opposing it...

Now what is the connection between Religion and Yoga ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is a fallacy to think to think that Yoga is related to a religion. It is nothing but an ancient therapeutic science written by Patanjali.

It is a sad state of affairs and surprisingly now Congress has say in each and every non issues, in a state where world is bracing for Yoga all over for its benefits now secularists throng upon the scene to create another instances of such falacy of issues, backed up by well followed secularists media to contribute to it. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

That is the main reason for congress's debacle. It is anti people with destructive political policies.

rambabu wrote:

That is the main reason for congress's debacle. It is anti people with destructive political policies.

If the congress support such an issue do you think they are doing any good to themselves? They are playing the vote card which is ultimately going to boomerang on them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.