Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have seen a few members expressing their view point that religion helps in leading a righteous life.

In my opinion for leading a righteous life religion is not necessary. I have donated blood 17 times till date  without knowing in to whose body my blood entered and cured them.Philanthropists  like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett donated for the noble cause of Polio vaccines and education to the under privileged all over the world. They did not mention specifically, "Only for Muslims " or only for Christians.

This world will be better if people understand that religion is not much important. :-)

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

This world will be better if people understand that religion is not much important. :-)

Exactly. To attend an ailing neighbor or to quench the thirst of passerby in the hot sun doesn't need a Religion. What all you need is a human heart.

As the thread is talking about personal opinion religion, so here, am talking my viewpoint on this mentioned subject. I hardly read any religious scriptures. I do not search on religion when using computer. I go to temple and reach near to Lord and try to find out the inner force that surfaces from Him. Religion provides me calmness, concentration and self less goals to follow. For me religion to reach near idol of Lord and try to take awayh some of good forces from Him so that it will help me to come good in life. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Well said. You aired your personal opinion on religion. Kudos to you.

Religion is important to me, at least I do not want anyone to interfere in my personal beliefs. However, I feel the same for every other religion but if anyone tries to look down at my faith or religion I will not tolerate it. Incidentally, I do not mean being religious has anything to do with going to temples or sitting in front of Deities and statues praying for hours. I have everything in my own heart and mind.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with you. No one has the right to interfere with your personal choices. And religion is purely a personal matter.

There are some distinct aspects of religion. first, it is a philosophy and set of beliefs and customs.  In this respect, religion means nothing to me. I do and adopt what suits me not bothering about any particular religion.  Second aspect is that religion is a community based on accident of birth with some rules of inheritance, marriage, divorce etc.  In this respect, religion is significant.  I am a Hindu. But I believe in what ever I consider right and suitable- irrespective of religion. But I am bound by Hindu law that is about marriage, divorce, inheritance and other community functions/ rituals on birth, marriage and death. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with you. Doing what you think is good and helpful to the society without violating the societal norms is what I too consider as true religion. I would like to add that for doing right things and to live in a righteous way no religious affiliations are necessary.

rambabu wrote:

I have seen a few members expressing their view point that religion helps in leading a righteous life.

In my opinion for leading a righteous life religion is not necessary. I have donated blood 17 times till date  without knowing in to whose body my blood entered and cured them.Philanthropists  like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett donated for the noble cause of Polio vaccines and education to the under privileged all over the world. They did not mention specifically, "Only for Muslims " or only for Christians.

That is their personal perception and we cannot contradict that since religion has helped them...

What is important is being humane which is what all religions teach but it can again be interpreted or misinterpreted depending on the believers and their own mental make up.However, sociologists term religion as a necessary institution that came to being with a purpose.we need to remember that it is very old and people and times were different and probably there was a need for a regulatory body to control and discipline human minds and their actions..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.