Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

This world will be better if people understand that religion is not much important. :-)

Go and say the same line in front of a Muslim or a Christian and see what happens.....my best wishes. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As social beings we need to merge with our surroundings and when you have family and children and so on you need to strike a balance , this also includes following traditions and customs which are part of a religious belief. There is beauty and meaning to these traditions which personally I feel is also the backbone of our culture and civilisation. We find many such customs being the same for muslims, christians and Hindus in our part of the country with some slight differences.

For my children who live abroad it provides a national and cultural identity and also roots , not merely a religious belief or symbol, it is much more than that - an entire lifestyle! In fact after going abroad my children have become very conscious of their own heritage and culture and want to know about various festivals and customs which I find is good.It is only with genuine interest and practice that this gets passed on and gets preserved ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:

As social beings we need to merge with our surroundings and when you have family and children and so on you need to strike a balance , this also includes following traditions and customs which are part of a religious belief. There is beauty and meaning to these traditions which personally I feel is also the backbone of our culture and civilisation. We find many such customs being the same for muslims, christians and Hindus in our part of the country with some slight differences.

For my children who live abroad it provides a national and cultural identity and also roots , not merely a religious belief or symbol, it is much more than that - an entire lifestyle! In fact after going abroad my children have become very conscious of their own heritage and culture and want to know about various festivals and customs which I find is good.It is only with genuine interest and practice that this gets passed on and gets preserved ..

Very true, exactly same as my children (daughter and son in law feel) They contact my wife or my daughter's Mother in law to clear every point on each festival and all other important occasions.   

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I don't contradict what others say. Despite misinterpretations it is my personal view point that there is nothing like Humanitarianism. I reiterate this is my personal point of view on religion.

Interesting view points, in this thread on religion, surprisingly every discussion for and against religion come and go but still aspect of religions stays, still people believe it blindly, I do not know what should be the reason, but even highly educated people and great sports person and successful movie stars are all follow religion blindly. No one able to find the reason. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Perhaps that is their respective point of view on religion. One should not dispute or contradict others point of view on religion. Because religion is strictly "Personal."

mohan manohar wrote:

Interesting view points, in this thread on religion, surprisingly every discussion for and against religion come and go but still aspect of religions stays, still people believe it blindly, I do not know what should be the reason, but even highly educated people and great sports person and successful movie stars are all follow religion blindly. No one able to find the reason. 

Religion is a personal faith, a driving force that keeps a person going. The religion helps person recover his self confidence in times of the complete loss or absence of hope.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Religion itself is nor bad by itself. But bad interpretations and personal beliefs are the reason for it's image in the present era..

mohan manohar wrote:

Religion and its interpretation would be different to different people and one cannot say it is blind faith since for them there is a reason to follow their belief. As long as it is not an anti social activity no harm done...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
mohan manohar wrote:

Religion and its interpretation would be different to different people and one cannot say it is blind faith since for them there is a reason to follow their belief. As long as it is not an anti social activity no harm done...

I agree. Which is why I consider Religion is strictly "Personal " And it need  not be same and uniform for all.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.