Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Politicians should learn the lesson of seeing all religions with equanimity with out supporting a religion or abusing another. I feel it is not possible considering the conditions in India at present.

Having a uniform code of law for everyone regardless of religion like they have in other democracies is the only way out...I am sure the politicians and whoever else may cry foul and say it infringes on ones religious freedom, so be it ! Nation comes first and a little sacrifice made in the interest of the nation goes a long way and with time people are bound to accept it as a way of life !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I was just reading a small editorial on news of a Muslim girl who did not appear for her medical entrance test because she did not want to take off her burqa during examination citing religious reasons. I personally think that this is going too far, everyone should follow rules and rules required her to take off her burqa similar to other candidates who may have removed their jackets, sweaters etc. to avoid cheating during exams. Even in other Muslim countries, people do not make a big issue of such security measures.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I was just reading a small editorial on news of a Muslim girl who did not appear for her medical entrance test because she did not want to take off her burqa during examination citing religious reasons. I personally think that this is going too far, everyone should follow rules and rules required her to take off her burqa similar to other candidates who may have removed their jackets, sweaters etc. to avoid cheating during exams. Even in other Muslim countries, people do not make a big issue of such security measures.

It also happened with a nun in Kerala, where the lady refused to take off her head gear..The explanation given was that she had been frisked , so why not she wear the veil...But the College authorities say that she did not let them check her ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Just imagine in case she had cleared the medical test, would she treat her patients with a burqa on?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True. Nobody is above rules especially when the rules are made for security reasons. Many examination centers implement these rules.to check up if there are hidden cell phones which are used often for mass copying.

usha manohar wrote:

Having a uniform code of law for everyone regardless of religion like they have in other democracies is the only way out...I am sure the politicians and whoever else may cry foul and say it infringes on ones religious freedom, so be it ! Nation comes first and a little sacrifice made in the interest of the nation goes a long way and with time people are bound to accept it as a way of life !

Uniform code of law should be there in India, but due to vote bank politics the politicians in India would not like to apply uniform code of law. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

If implemented "Uniform Code of law " there is nothing like it. It requires lot of guts and fierce determination.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Uniform code of law should be there in India, but due to vote bank politics the politicians in India would not like to apply uniform code of law. 

I don't see why not? if the majority agrees ,,,they should take a referendum for and against uniform civil code , like they did in Greece financial bail out recently .It would be interesting to see what the results would be !

A referendum will certainly help. But the important thing is to decide to take a referendum. In the absence of this will and determination nothing will work.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.