Banning beef in India has become a contentious isue and many people are shouting that many communitiues in India eat beef. Spare a thought and think that 56 nations in the world have banned pork. They alsio have many pork eaters like Coptic Christians, never the less pork is banned.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I know, Ban on pork create heated arguments .  These heated arguments are  mainly from those political parties which are interested in appeasing those minorities to strengthen their Vote Banks. As you said those remain as shouts only.

these is because of political agenda to get huge amount vote from the people

bhuyali saroj

India has a huge population of undernourished citizens for whom beef and pork is a cheap source of proteins. Every issue should not be seen from point of view of religion. Economics of raising cattle also is an issue as selling old cattle brings money to finance purchase of new cattle. Arm chair and blind critics will always propagate solutions which are divisive in nature as they do not have anything to lose. How does it matter that 56 countries have banned pork. It is available in Dubai a Muslim country.  Every country is different.

vijay wrote:

India has a huge population of undernourished citizens for whom beef and pork is a cheap source of proteins. Every issue should not be seen from point of view of religion. Economics of raising cattle also is an issue as selling old cattle brings money to finance purchase of new cattle. Arm chair and blind critics will always propagate solutions which are divisive in nature as they do not have anything to lose. How does it matter that 56 countries have banned pork. It is available in Dubai a Muslim country.  Every country is different.

You have a point regàrding protien intake by masses. But fact is Buddhism and HIinduism propagate vegetarianism. How people who are basically veg eat meat, that too of cow.?

I hve been in UAE for almost 3 years. pork is sold in deep end of super market and not openly. This is  basically to cater to American and European expats..

@MGSingh pl note that the value, importance of cow during Vedic periods and till mechanisation took over farming is not at all under dispute. Buddhists are  predominantly non veg as can be seen in Thailand, Japan, China etc countries including Sri Lanka. Trouble  is when Vedic period practices are sought to be superimposed in today's times when industrial revolution has changed the paradigm altogether. The medicinal values of cow urine and dung are not at all under dispute. But with more concentrated and viable alternatives where is the economical market for these products. I am pretty  sure you will not apply cow urine to cure your skin disease when efficient medicines are available. Also when rational arguments are given the retort generally is i emotional and the beauty islost. Today the cow is no longer domesticated for farm use. It is seen as a economical investment for milk and when old is uneconomical to maintain and is thus sold off. This is what is done to productive machines also. I may appear harsh but that is the reality.Old cows are left to die on streets and weexpect government to take care of them for our sins. You yourself have demolished your case by agreeing pork is sold in Dubai a Muslim country. Are tey more tolerant than us? Why are vegeterians obsessed with what non vegs eat.

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

You have a point regàrding protien intake by masses. But fact is Buddhism and HIinduism propagate vegetarianism. How people who are basically veg eat meat, that too of cow.?

I hve been in UAE for almost 3 years. pork is sold in deep end of super market and not openly. This is  basically to cater to American and European expats..

Any way you look at it, the very thought  eating cow's meat makes me shiver. I'm a non vegetarian. I get my nutrients through a plethora of vegetables which contain more proteins than chicken meat or goat meat

Are you a pseudo vegetarian or a pseudo non vegeterian? Please enlighten us with names of vegetables which have more protein at cost per kg less tan beef protein.

vijay wrote:

Are you a pseudo vegetarian or a pseudo non vegeterian? Please enlighten us with names of vegetables which have more protein at cost per kg less tan beef protein.

No vegetable can give protein. One can get protein from pulses an nuts. Nuts like almonds are very costly an poor cannot afford

It is a misconception that most people need to eat meat  to consume enough proteins. Beans, Spinach. legumes, Soybeans are said to be powerhouses of Proteins. Yes you need not go for  Almonds. Additionally many world famous athletes like Serena Williams, Mike Tyson, Billie Jen King and our own late  Master Chandgi Ram  are vegetarians

The Celebrities who have turned vegetarian can afford to do so because they have enough resources at hand to take care of their dietary needs.. However, It is good to have a blend of vegetarian and non vegetarian food if possible or else use more milk products , pulses and nuts for protein requirements !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.