Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Now, after Sindhu's historical Silver win in Badminton, the importance and value of Training is being realized. Now GopiChand who trained Saina earlier and Sindhu now has become the Cynosure of all eyes. Coaching of highest International Standards will play a vital role to make Champions ready for International Sporting Events.

This trend should go on.

You got the point rambabu, it's all about training that will do the trick. In case of Sania and Sindhu it was Gopi, Rathor came from after shooting unlimited ammo of army and Bindra spent $5.5 million from his own pocket. What is the role of our governments which wake up after the games are over and their role is limited to announcing the rewards and awards. That will not help the cause of Indian sportsmen.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Just imagine what degree of expertise and skill is needed to challenge a Phelp or Ussain Bolt. Then you will get the answer.  Gopichand, being himself an Olympian has seen personally that in a Sporting event Like Olympics, a mediocre Sports man will cut a sorry figure in Olympics This vital point has been realized long ago, when he started his Ow Academy to train Champion Shuttlers.  And the result we have seen. Yesterday Saina nehwal and today P.V Sindhu

We expect too much from our shooters. And why not? they are ones who in the history has showed INDIA on medal tally.  Yes, they have disappointed us with no medals at all. I was really disappointed, because before going to olympics, almost everyone were on their peak. I was not expecting medals from the first timer. But someone who played their last olympics, Abhinav Bindra, i was expecting medal from him and Gagan Narang. They disappointed us.

Yes, olympics is nerve testing event. It does test everything. I hope the new ones remain in the TOKYO 2020 squad of shooting as well. Because now they have experience in Olympics and we can expect something from them.

Want to make each day Accountable

Why do we jump to unsure conclusions. If army shooters fail, then army training is dobtful, if someone does good it is inspite of system, if they fail the whole system is responsible. After all individual abilities are also very important. No amount of training can ensure a medal if the player has limitations against a better opponent. No need to be so pessimistic and allnround condemnation.

Training matters a lot but with it dedication of a sportsperson also matters. What I feel that the loopholes in training and dedication can be easily overcome if the authorities consider sports to be  an important subject. Success in this field gives a world wide exposure.

shampasaid

In India the government gives low priority to sports and certain games and sports like riding are out of reach of Indians  by and large.

MG Singh wrote:

In India the government gives low priority to sports and certain games and sports like riding are out of reach of Indians  by and large.

Exactly.  As far as Priority to Sports is concerned, both Indian Government's attitude and Indian Society in general are alike.. Now after the achievements of Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio, the Governments of AP, Telangana,Delhi, Haryana,MP and organizations like Datsun Nissan are showering Rewards both to the Achievers and their Coaches. This is a welcome change. And it has to be seen if the same momentum is maintained all along.

Within one week everything wil be forgotten till 2020 Olympics when again everyone will expect a big haul of medals. Same arguements will again be heard for failures.The sports officials could not ensure adequate water bottles for the lady marathon runner and she collapsed and lay unconscience for three hours. Shameful and sports minister of BJP government calls it a small incident.

vijay wrote:

Within one week everything wil be forgotten till 2020 Olympics when again everyone will expect a big haul of medals. Same arguements will again be heard for failures.The sports officials could not ensure adequate water bottles for the lady marathon runner and she collapsed and lay unconscience for three hours. Shameful and sports minister of BJP government calls it a small incident.

LOL. I really appreciate your ability to know the pulse of the Public. To day Olympics concluded. From a week from now or may be 2or3 weeks everything will be forgotten. Yes, i was viewing the apathy of our great accompanying officials at Rio. The poor Marathon runner was forced to run without water and fainted.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.