Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Karnataka has a coastline. Setting up of RO plants to make fresh water from sea water can be considered. It is costly but with large capacity prices can be brought down. Also this water can be sold to give star hotels and industries. Merely saying their iscwayer shortage is not going to solve the issue especially when TN.is also suffering and Cauvery water is not sufficient. Water trains from water surplus areas can be run.

My place Vizag also has a coastline.

Our Corporation has set up RO plants. Reverse Osmosis is capable of purifying water and converting saline water of the sea in to drinking water.

Water problem can only worsen in the years to come and unless rain water is utilised to its full capacity we need to look for more expensive alternatives like Saline water purification plants. In Mangalore we do have one which is not fit for drinking but the water is used for watering the public parks and plants growing on the median etc..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bajirao wrote:
anil wrote:

Most of persons believed that main source of water is galciers and sea, But is not truth. Underground water is main source of water.But we are using it in nonsence way. Rain which we have in whole year is enough to recharge underground water sources. It is time to preserve rain water and recharge underground water sources.

very true Anil.. i also believe in preserving rain water. when I was young, I use to collect rain water and preserve in the tank and use it for flushing toilets or such things. It use to be very helpful because we use to get only 2 hours of water through tap in a day. I guess the intelligent indian brains must build some technology to preserve and make logical use of this water. I am sure we might be able to solve many drought related problems or water issues during summer. 

It is human nature that we wake-up and aware when problem reached on our heads. Till today here we have not much problem of water. So we are not sincer for water saving and harvesting. Although it is also a fact that agitations for water for irrigation are very common. Farmers are changing here they are adopting drip irrigation system in place of flood irrigation system. We are dependson Punjab for water and Punjab is not interested in giving water to other states.

22 out of India's big 32 cities, face water crisis.

With the rise in temperature, rivers are drying up. In Visakhapatnam today we are facing severe water shortage, where supply fails to meet almost 30% of the demand.

rambabu wrote:

With the rise in temperature, rivers are drying up. In Visakhapatnam today we are facing severe water shortage, where supply fails to meet almost 30% of the demand.

In Rajasthan only two district have not water problem in summer, These are my district Gangnagar and Hanumangarh. Others district face water problem like other cities of country. these two district have network of canals and we get water of Satluj river. It never dried 

You are really lucky, because you do no have water crisis. Yes I know  river Sutlej do not dry up.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In Rajasthan only two district have not water problem in summer, These are my district Gangnagar and Hanumangarh. Others district face water problem like other cities of country. these two district have network of canals and we get water of Satluj river. It never dried 

Rajasthan and Gujarat were pioneers in rain water preservation in the olden days through step wells. I was reading about the various step wells that were built several hundred years ago . People were better attuned to nature those days looks like ! If more such wells are made and water preserved in a hygienic manner , we can find a solution to water problem.

http://www.walkthroughindia.com/walkthroughs/10-ancient-popular-stepwells-india/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With the Water in various reservoirs supplying water to Vizag  city depleting fast water scarcity was evident in several wards in the city, particularly on the Outskirts. The decreasing availability of water from the Yeluru canal and Godavari has been forcing the officials to draw more water from other sources.

Now the present condition is all Wards in Gajuwaks zone receiving Municipal water only once in two days.

A Corporate if official was confident that they can manage, provided Vizag receives rain early in June. Otherwise the situation becomes unmanageable 

water scarcity is mot only in India but it is all around the world. One of my friends daughter who lives in California , she mentioned once about drought problems in many cities of California. They have to pay heavy charges and taxes for water hence they make very limited use of water and try to preserve it as much as possible.

even in hotels they don't serve water unless someone asks for it or if you purchase the bottle of water..such a bad situation in such a well developed country..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.