Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Really strange, On one side many regions are having no rainfall, NE region having excessive Rain fall.

Distribution of rail fall is not equal in country It is forecast that coming monsoon will not good like previous one.

Rainfalls are never the same every year , so when there is a deficit the govt and the people shd be prepared for it. Farmers shd be helped to conserve water . I see some of them digging small ponds next to their fields which remains full during most part of the year  !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Rainfalls are never the same every year , so when there is a deficit the govt and the people shd be prepared for it. Farmers shd be helped to conserve water . I see some of them digging small ponds next to their fields which remains full during most part of the year  !

I too observed something similar when I visited Jharkhand once. Earlier farmers had problems of water scarcity which led to low yield. Then some NGO people promoted the idea of digging a small part of their field as pond. Now these farmers are making a profit.

Now, several measures are being taken up by the respective governments to face the challenge of Water scarcity. But the problem is, IMD has predicted this year the Summer would be prolonged and inadequate rainfall.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I too observed something similar when I visited Jharkhand once. Earlier farmers had problems of water scarcity which led to low yield. Then some NGO people promoted the idea of digging a small part of their field as pond. Now these farmers are making a profit.

Unless individual measures are taken , it would become impossible for just the govt to cater to the needs of each and everyone. These are age old methods of water harvesting that took a back seat with bore Wells and water taps taking over ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now our CM using most modern ways of preserving water to get rid of water scarcity

And what are these most modern ways your CM is using to preserve water 

I will let you know. I know one of them is building storage tanks to store water for emergency purposes.

Storage tanks have been in existence since more than 50 years...You ain't post for the sake of doing so not to add any value

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.