Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. Water scarcity is prevailing everywhere. In India it is more. Hence it is the responsibility of every Individual to use water sparingly. Otherwise, the chances of human survival is doubtful.

Bajirao wrote:

water scarcity is mot only in India but it is all around the world. One of my friends daughter who lives in California , she mentioned once about drought problems in many cities of California. They have to pay heavy charges and taxes for water hence they make very limited use of water and try to preserve it as much as possible.

even in hotels they don't serve water unless someone asks for it or if you purchase the bottle of water..such a bad situation in such a well developed country..

The drought situation that has prevailed in California since the last 5 or 6 years was/is because of misallocation and mis management of water . It was neglected and now that the reason has been caught on I am sure they will set things right.  In fact it is the same in India , far worse kind of mis managemennt .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is the lack of knowledge about the value of water that lead to   severe  water crisis. The society should know every drop of water counts.

When there is no water available how can it be mismanaged or misallocated? Technology of generating clouds has not yet been developed.

Technology of generating clouds. I there any technology for generating clouds ? If so you can suggest this to the authorities to avoid water crisis,

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

22 out of India's big 32 cities, face water crisis.

With the rise in temperature, rivers are drying up. In Visakhapatnam today we are facing severe water shortage, where supply fails to meet almost 30% of the demand.

In Rajasthan only two district have not water problem in summer, These are my district Gangnagar and Hanumangarh. Others district face water problem like other cities of country. these two district have network of canals and we get water of Satluj river. It never dried 

Rajasthan and Gujarat were pioneers in rain water preservation in the olden days through step wells. I was reading about the various step wells that were built several hundred years ago . People were better attuned to nature those days looks like ! If more such wells are made and water preserved in a hygienic manner , we can find a solution to water problem.

http://www.walkthroughindia.com/walkthroughs/10-ancient-popular-stepwells-india/

you are right. Water preservation is culture and tradition of Rajasthan in the olden days. Indeed Rajasthan have not any river which can supply water whole years. Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner builds canal and first time Himalaya's water reached here in some Tehsils of Ganganagar district. There after Bhakra canal project and IGP canal project builds to supply water in another parts of Rajasthan. IGP is longest canal of Asia. It is build with help of world bank.

Large quantities of water should be boiled. The vapours will rise high to form clouds which will deliver rains during monsoon. Simple technology. astonished

In many parts of our country there is more than sufficient rainfall but most of the water gets flown into ocean , instead if we have more smaller reservoirs that take care of cities , it could solve water problem to a great extent.  Cloud seeding has been moderately successful but probably needs to be developed further ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

Large quantities of water should be boiled. The vapours will rise high to form clouds which will deliver rains during monsoon. Simple technology. astonished

Really simple. I could not think about such a simple technology.

usha manohar wrote:

In many parts of our country there is more than sufficient rainfall but most of the water gets flown into ocean , instead if we have more smaller reservoirs that take care of cities , it could solve water problem to a great extent.  Cloud seeding has been moderately successful but probably needs to be developed further ..

In Rajasthan some city is depends on rain water, Udiapur have five laks which are interconnected. Ajmer is depends on Anna Sagar for water. Jaipur is depends of Ramgarh and Bisalpur dame for water.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.